• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Which is hardest for you? Adeku, Cynthia or Morimoto?

MEGAS

Bestow5000 from YouTube
    Years
    Yeah, title says all.
    I've faced all three of them and personally Adeku is the hardest for me due to his Ulgamoth Butter Dancing and some of his Pokes are hard to take out too.
    So from those 3, who is the hardest for you when you faced them all?

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Right now the only one I've beaten multiple times is Morimoto. Cynthia I tried a couple of times and I just end up getting my butt kicked. I haven't rebattled the E4 yet, so I have no knowledge of Adeku's team. :(

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
    I haven't yet challenged any of them, but from the looks of their teams on Serebii.net, Adeku should be the most difficult to defeat with my current team. (They are still underlevelled, all around lvl. 55, I'm just telling this IF they were strong enough to challenge Adeku.)

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
    Cynthia. The only Pokemon Adeku has that gives me trouble is Urgamoth.

Morimoto is disappointing. He just has the early-game Pokemon. Despite their high levels, he's an absolute pushover. Given the fact he's someone who's worked on the game since the beginning, he should've used only Generation 1 Pokemon. For example: Raichu, Arcanine, Poliwrath, Victreebel, Alakazam, and Dragonite.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    Don't have the game, but from the looks of things:

1. Adeku is the most difficult.
    2. Cynthia is moderately tough.
    3. Morimoto is easy.

Slightly disappointed that we finally get to fight a member of GF and they have such sorry Pokemon. I'd expect a team like this:

Arcanine
    Gyarados
    Electrivire
    Tangrowth
    Alakazam
    Tauros

A team built around 6 of Gen 1's most popular Pokes. (Threw Tangrowth in there because Exeggutor is part Psychic.)

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
    ...Who's Morimoto? O_o

Anyways, I have yet to battle Cynthia and Adeku, but they'll probably be challenging given that I have so much Grass in my team, heh. Still, I'm a fairly good strategist, so I can probably manage somehow what with Leech Seeding and other stuff, yep yep. My team lacks raw power but it makes up for it in trickiness, lol, plus Musharna (and Mamanbou, whom I plan to get soon) have good defenses and tons of HP, and can heal themselves and set up Screens, which combined with the grassers Leech Seed should ultimately result in victory, even if I have to stall forever. :D

Obelisk

Toad Sage
    Years
    Have yet to face Adeku or Morimoto but Cynthia was pretty hard in D/P.

I'm hearing mixed reactions from people regarding Adeku. Some say he is hard while others say he was fairly easy, may be because the pokes some picked compared to others.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    I haven't battled Morimoto yet >.> Well I did but I was just talking to random people whilst looking for the name rater. >.> Level 15 Monkeys and the starters at Level 1 didn't do much.
    I have re battled the Elite 4 ... but lost ): So I don't know about Adeku yet.

Cynthia handed by butt to me on my first try *Pokeshifts own Garchomp* then I won

kazuya.

Ev'rybody Alright!
    Years
    I faced Cynthia and it was not too difficult beating her (considering that my team was 5 to 10 levels lower than her). The only problem is the electric pokemon with levitate. OTL

I still haven't faced Adeku and Morimoto since I am now re-training my team with new pokemons...

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    I found Cynthia most tough because Adeku has one problem for me : Urgamoth. But Morimoto isn't as hard. He wasn't hard at all.

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
    I already know what Cynthia does, but that shark thing pisses me off. :(
    The champion wasnt that hard, as I decimated everything with my lv 100 Reshiram. :D
    Morimoto was easy. :(
    So Cynthia was the hardest. :(

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
    Well, Adeku was easy.
    Just use a Fire-type Pokèmon for Shubarugo and Agirudaa, a Rock-type for Ulgamoth, a Fighting-type for Baibanira and Baffuron, and a Dragon-type for Crimgan (in my case respectively Shandera, Abagoura, Roopushin and Sazandora).

Also Cynthia was easy.
    An Electric-type for Milotic and Wargle, a Ground-type for Shibirudon and Lucario (or a Fire-type for him), a Dragon-type for Garchomp, and a strong Pokèmon for Spiritomb, 'cause he has no weaknesses (in my case, I used respectively Denchura, Goruugu, Shandera, Sazandora, and Abagoura).

But the easiest is Morimoto.
    A Fighting-type for Lepardas, a Electric, Fire, and Ground-types for the three monkeys, Zeburaika, and Kokoromori (in my case, I used respectively Roopushin, Denchura, Shandera and Goruugu).

In conclusion, they were all easy for me, 'cause I have a team that can take them out easy.

Last edited:

Cresselia

Plasma Elite
    Years
    Lost my first battle of the game to Cynthia, so my vote goes to her. She totally caught me off guard by being in that vacation home! ;P Had I been fully healed, things might have turned out differently.

Honus

exploding with sloppy murders
    Years
    Cynthia was probably the most difficult for me but that was really only because I had no idea she was in that house. My Pokemon at the time were probably 15 levels under her Pokemon's but I managed to beat her anyway (after 20 revives).

Adeku was kind of disappointing. I was really expecting more when I went to go challenge him.

I haven't battled Morimoto yet but his line-up doesn't look very intimidating. But then again, no team would if it included all three monkeys and Leperdas.

Years
    I haven't played Black or White yet, so my opinion for that is out. But Cynthia was most difficult only because of her Garchomp. It solely took out my entire team when I first battled her. They were all about 5 levels lower than her, and at the time I only had 5 trained pokemon.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    Adeku is the worst champ he is too easy. Cynthia was the hardest to me since I had to actually use revives against her.

wikzan

FC: 0946 9273 6810 PM Me
    Years
    Adeku is the worst champ he is too easy. Cynthia was the hardest to me since I had to actually use revives against her.

I agree, Adeku's Pokemon revolved around pokemon that are weak against fire type moves. Cynthia is just the worst, but my yellow-ish Dragon pokemon owned her with using 4 dragon dances and continue abuse of dragon claw xD and of course Outrage.

Back