• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which is the best starter trio?

Atlas

Steam Soldier
    Years
    From third evolutions, first gen. From starters unevolved, second gen.

I have to say, I have never felt a grass type starter was good, except for the new gen, with Torterra.

Years
    i can't pike i wish i could pick one from every gen i would pick
    Fire = Charizard no Question
    Water was a bit hard but = it went to feraligatr (followed very closly by Sawmpet)
    Grass= torterra No qestion all the others are Crap
    LIke i Bulbasar i give it a 4
    meganium i give it a 5 it was desent
    secptile other than that it can learn Leaf blade at a low level its crap so i give it a 3

But because i have to pick my answer gose 1423

Years
    2nd Generation hands down , I had my Typholosion is Silver Version , Feraligator in gold and Typholosion again in Crystal (i liked meganium but not that much) . The 1st generation is right behind them and 3rd generation was really good just not as good as the others. and the 4th generation sucks! Im going to trade my infernape for a typholosion just like the good old gold and silver days. so in order its

2nd Generation
    1st Generation
    3rd Generation
    4th Generation

Years

Generation IV
    Generation II
    Generation I
    Generation III

those are on terms of power and usefulness.

Fire: Typlosion (thunderpunch, hello!)
    Water: Swampert (earthquake much?)
    Grass: Torterra (same reason as swampert)

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2009
    I think 1 and 3 got me into pokemon the most. As much as I liked Quilava and Typhlosion...they didn't really hit it for me.

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
    Hmm I think it's between 1st and 4th generation. There will always be love for the first generation, and even looking back without bias, they're still great. I love the newest ones too. Piplup is one of my favorite pokemon, and Empoleon, besides having the best name of all starters ever, is freakin cool and has so many type strengths defensively. I love Torterra too, when my Grotle evolved I was like "Yay! My Grotle evolved into Planet Earth!" XD

Back