• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Which Johto Starter would you pick in Emerald?

Which Johto starter would you pick in Emerald

• Chikorita

Votes: 25 18.8%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 64 48.1%
  • Totodile

Votes: 44 33.1%

• Total voters

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    The Johto starters fail when it comes to the starters in the other regions, but I did pick Totodile the first time I completed the Pokedex because the Water is always the best of the three in every region.

Pikachu™

Pika Pika!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2019
    well, if I had the patience to get the whole of the Hoenn dex I would get Totodile hes a great water type! and looks so cute too

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2023
    I'd pick Totodile if I hadn't already traded for one, since it's my favourite starter from any generation and I have a tendency to choose Water types above any other type. I guess I'd probably pick Cyndaquil, mainly because I've never liked Chikorita.

Years
    Me and my mate finished thee game on the same day and i wanted todile and cyndiquill and he wanted cinderquill and todile so it was easy for us

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    I've never had the patience to complete a Pokedex, but I'd definately choose Chikorita. Meganium is one of my all-time favorite Pokemon and I almost never use Grass-types.

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
    Years
    for me i would say cyndaquil. why? because he is my favorite Jonto starter

Shaterpie

Gold Caterpie > Red Gyarados
    Years
    When I had the chance I spent a lot of time making a decision, eventually I chose Totodile.

Ironically, I have all 3 now..

RandomBlues

Pokemon and Keroro Gunso=<3
    Years
    Poor Chiko seems to be the least popular one at the moment(Maybe because it looks so much like a female?).
    I think I'll try to get a female Cynda or Chiko, depending on what sounds good. Perferably Cynda, since if I am ever trading my pokemon over to games like DP or Plat(if it's possible), I am going to need a good pokemon. Or just take it to breed. But, I think Cynda.

aaronburnsyou

Hi, I'm not a pokemon.
    Years
    Well, I think you have your answer on who the least popular one is (Chikorita). I, perosnally, would choose Chikorita out of the three, not only because it's my favorite, but because it has the ability to heal itself without falling asleep, it has great survivability skills, and my team lacks a grass type (Breloom hardly counts).

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Cyndaquil.
    It's final evolution, Typhlosion, is possible the best of the three starters, not to mention it's awesome move pool which I find to be superior to that of the other two.
    Cyndaquil is also the coolest, appearance-wise, and the same can apply to it's evolutions.

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2009
    Mine is probably gonna be a cyndaquil cos its easy to raise and i got mine up to level 99 on my gold

Back