• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which move is better?

fearow23

You know, that guy on T.V.
    Years
    I'm trying to raise my Shiftry and was debating on these three moves.
    Leaf storm, Razor leaf, and Energy Ball.
    Although I did already teach it Energy Ball, the move is not so powerful on Shiftry because it is better with physical attacks. I wasn't able to get a OHKO against a Gastrodon which I could do with Nature Power turning into Seed bomb. Razor Leaf is Physical but if a Critical hit doesn't come through despite its high critical hit ratio, the base power is low. Leaf storm is strong and although it lowers sp. att. which I don't use often, it would lower the potential of extrasensory which helps deal with the threats of slow fighting types like Machamp. So which move would be better for Shiftry, Leaf storm, Energy Ball, or Razor leaf.

I'm working with Brick break, faint attack, and extrasensory as his moveset.

Last edited:

Zazzeh

Akatsuki fan extrordinair!
    Years
    I'm trying to raise my Shiftry and was debating on these three moves.
    Leaf storm, Razor leaf, and Energy Ball.
    Although I did already teach it Energy Ball, the move is not so powerful on Shiftry because it is better with physical attacks. I wasn't able to get a OHKO against a Gastrodon which I could do with Nature Power turning into Seed bomb. Razor Leaf is Physical but if a Critical hit doesn't come through despite its high critical hit ratio, the base power is low. Leaf storm is strong and although it lowers sp. att. which I don't use often, it would lower the potential of extrasensory which helps deal with the threats of slow fighting types like Machamp. So which move would be better for Shiftry, Leaf storm, Energy Ball, or Razor leaf.
    Well, I don't know much. I'm sort of leaning twords Leaf storm BECAUSE it lowers Sp. Atk, which with a Shiftry you won't be using much anyways. Then there's Razor Leaf, with it's high Crital-hit ratio...eh I don't know. I would rule out Energy Ball though. If it were me making this grueling decision..I would probobly go with Leaf Storm & give Shiftry some PP up so you could use the move more often. If you need some I could possibly supply you with 6 at the most. ^^
    Edit: Oooh! I diddn't see the thing about Extrasensory. Well your in a pretty cruddy situation, aren't you?

Edit (Again): I just can't make up my mind. I would possibly go with Razor leaf because of its Critial-hit ratio. Eh..I don't know. I'm no expert on the subject of movesets..-.-;

Edit (Again! Woo!): I'm certanily no help. xD

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2008
    Grass Rope amirite?

What's the rest of the set? Shiftry can effectively run Nasty Plot or Swords Dance.

Jimmyray

Bish Bash Bosh
    Years
    I'm for Leaf Storm. It lowers Sp.Attack which doesn't matter in Shiftry's case. Razor Leaf isn't that good because it's only 95% accurate, yet only 55 power. Even if it was critical, it still wouldn't match the power of Leaf Storm. Energy ball is out of the picture I'd say because Shiftry has lame Sp.Attack.

Back