• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Which Old Skool Pokemon Game Do You Reckons Is Better?

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2010
    Either Blue or Gold for me. I didn't get red until shortly before Ruby/Saphire came out, and Silver was the version my brother played. Yellow is definitely my third choice though.

If I was to pick one version though... I'd have to say Blue. It's a classic.

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2010
    Good ol' Red, for me! :D I always loved that game! Plus, I trained my first high-level Gengar on there ^^

Besides, no games have been quite so amazingly glitchy since Red/Blue XD

UltimaLink007

Czechmate
    Years
    For me, I'd have to say Red was my favorite of the R/G/B/Y series. The color blue never held much appeal to me, Green was Japan-only, and Yellow I loathed with a passion. I outright hated that game, mostly because I got it when I was Seven Years-Old, and didn't know I could get a Mankey, so I spent hours leveling Pikachu and Pidgey enough just to beat Brock. I also hated Pikachu, surprisingly enough. I was sick of it, being everywhere in the game, on the television... It just got annoying quickly.

Callandor

ughhh....
    Years
    Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Even though I've never played it.

*whispering heard* What do you mean green isn't a chose. *more whispers* Oh.......Well then, I'll chose Blue because it was the first one I got.

Sesh

Subjectively Objective
    Years
    For me, I'd have to say Red was my favorite of the R/G/B/Y series. The color blue never held much appeal to me, Green was Japan-only, and Yellow I loathed with a passion. I outright hated that game, mostly because I got it when I was Seven Years-Old, and didn't know I could get a Mankey, so I spent hours leveling Pikachu and Pidgey enough just to beat Brock. I also hated Pikachu, surprisingly enough. I was sick of it, being everywhere in the game, on the television... It just got annoying quickly.

Yes Yellow was HORRIBLE because of that i levelled Pikachu to level 15 jsut to beat brock! that took FOREVER i absolutely DESPISED doing that not only that but since i was so youngf and didn't want to leave pikachu, well pikachu is PATHETIC to be blunt even at lvl 100 if loreleis dewgond attacks with ice beam it'll take half your hp!!! Pikachu is absolutely useless. Even if you had to train so much for brock even at the second gym Pikachus stregnth mind you! it was still difficult! one attack would take out half your hp! and the last gym? Pikachu was an absolute peice of junk. I suppose it's a gltich but if you use an un-evolved un-trained Bulbasaur againts Nidoking or Nidowqueen they will only use defensive moves, so i just slowly beat them down with bulbasaur. Thats pathetic a lvl 10 bulbasaur doing better than a level 51 pikachu. Nintendo don't ever do that to us again! gives such a pathetic starter... (^^ sorry for the rant that jsut rlly brought back horrible memories)

Tsuki~

Slightly Insane >:3
    Years
    If we're only talking about R/B/Y, then I would have to say Yellow. I'm currently playing that right now, and I have a pretty good team. I'm on to the 6th gym, but I'm training my pokes right now (mainly Clefable and Kadabra).

Pikachu is absolutely useless.

Uh, you do know that you don't HAVE to have Pikachu on your team? Heck, I barely even use Pikachu. He's only lv. 26 on my file. Yes, I do agree that Pikachu sucks, and that he is WAY too overrated. He's not even that good of a Pokemon. The only way Pika could survive would be to double-team until he was untouchable. Then again, someone could just whip out an Arbok or something and use Haze.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Red, slightly followed by Yellow. :3
    As much as i loved the yellow furball following me around everywhere, Red will always have a place in my heart, especially since it is the first Pokemon game I ever played and the mascot is Charizard :3

Back