• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which one is harder to play: Pokemon or Chess?

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Chess by all means, there are chess games I've heard of that have taken years to finish. Pokemon on the other hand is just a game, and it doesn't take more then a month or so to beat, but to beat it with having all Pokrmon can take a while. SO chess is still harder.

Knuckles

5th Place In Graphix
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 16, 2009
    Chess, of course. Pokemon is a mere game.....Chess is really mucher more harder. Just like NeoPets...Pokemon is for the kids....and Nintendo doesn't want it to be hard.

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
    Years
  • I will say Pok?mon because since there is alot of moves and abilities to know, proper techniques, and various battle combos. Chess requires just the knowledge of the game. I like Pok?mon because it;s hard. I like a hard game.

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
  • Chess is alot harder to play, because even someone who dousen't know the depth about attacks and whatnot can still be good at pokemon. With Chess you have to learn the rules and know how to properly play, you still have to do this with pokemon but its not as extensive.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • There are indeed a lot ore intricacies in competitive pok?mon battling than there are in chess, but you can't really compare them at all. Chess is a medeival war simulation while pok?mon battling is just...like a sport. Though there are a lot more things in consideration when battling pok?mon, I still consider chess to be the ultimate test of one's strategic thinking.

Kelsey

~-*-~-*-~-*-~
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2005
    XD Funky! I like this question. X3 I'd have to say Pokemon is a bit tougher than chess. I do play chess every now and then myself, and I find it enjoyable. But Pokemon is hard with the EV's and stuff, I still don't understand how they work. XD

~Kelsey

Phlemingo

o_o_o_o_o <--Claydol Ascii
    Years
  • Pokemon is tougher... you have to predict more. You have to plan more. You have to set up more. Only thing is that it finishes faster.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Chess! O_O Chess games can take years to finish if both opponents are really really good. Pokemon fniishes when you finish the game - and it usually hasn't got the difficulty level of such a complex game such as Chess. Both have strategies to win and all... but Chess is so hard XD

Back