• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Which one should I choose?

Which starter did YOU pick?

• Bulbasaur! The cool grass dino...frog...toad...thing. ^_^

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Charmander! The hot salamander dude! *gets burnt* OW!!!

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Squirtle! Da coolest turtle in da sea, baby! ^^

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Well, I have all three because I traded Pokemon over to my OTHER Fr/Lg version. ^^;;

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2007
    OK, I have played my Leaf Green version a few times, but ONLY to test it out, just to see how well the game works. Now, I am ready to begin my quest as a trainer on Leaf Green. I only need to have help on figuring out which starter I should choose. In doing so, just tell me which starter you chose and for what reason. I don't really want to hear: "Oh, pick Bulbasaur because it beats the first few gyms!!" Unless that was your reason for picking the Pokemon. Help me out, guys! ^_^

~Kelsey

Tzuri17

Look! it's a messege! --->
    Years
    Well I like squirtel. but the best pokemon of the 3 is Charmander. he gets exp faster then the others and as a Charizard he can fly....

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
    Hm.. well, I picked Squirtle, because in the end of the game you get Raikou.

But, Charmander is a good physical pok?mon IMO. Bulbasaur looks cool, but there's not much I can say about it. XD

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    I'd say Charmander for a nice challenge. I picked Charmander and it was my weakest Pokemon when I reached the E4. A Pidgeot or something was my strongest.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2007
    I have decided to choose Charmander. Seein as most of you said it was best anyways, I also really like Charmander. It should give me a good challenge in the game too. I figure I will name him/her Charlie. ^^

~Kelsey

f!Re

Shige's #1 fan
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2006
    Charmander. It's better in the long run, and it can fly too and learn dragon moves XD

Years
    what do u mean charmander gets exp faster? i like squirtle the best b/c it is a good tank, and good moves would be: raindance/thunder/surf/ice beam or toxic or rest. leftovers

AdamHays

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2004
    Squirtle,cause he has alot less harder battles,you strugle with charmander,even though hes the favorite,and bulbasaur is not really all that great.so i would go with Squirtle.

Years
    Well, actually I have all three because I got them in a trade. But my very first pokemon is Bulbasaur, and I think it's the best of all three, because it's a grass type (I LOVE grass pokemon) and it's a really, really awesome pokemon if you raise and train it wisely... Besides, Charmander and Squirtle are sooo overused... Well, I think you chose charmander already, but I just wanted to give you my opinion anyway...

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    And Venusaur isn't overused? Have you seen them on NB? The Sleep Leeching is so evil. And I use it. XD

shark3019875

dragonair trainer
    Years
    look i choose charmender but squrtile is the best because it is strong if you enolve it and it defintley helps because the only ones that arte strong agnist it are grass and thunder and not alot of trainer(in the game)have thiunder and you can always teach pigoet fly because i don't feel like wasting sapce with chrazard i mean you can teach awesome attacks mny chrazard has fire blast fire burn what ever the new one thunder and hyper beam 1 tip don't pack your pokemon with powerfull attack with only like 55 pp cause well trust me unless you have exliers.i have all of themn and venasaur is strong but it has poor attacks at the end i son't think it learns soloar beam or does it well anyway the only way teach it strong grass type are by using tms and it is also a poison type which are bad beause they are weak against grass type really stupid . and it is ugly and tech sqpouyrtile surf when it evoles because when it has a high lvlthen the on't move it will kbow are hydro pump skull bash rain dance and sone thing erase the other move you will need backup once your hydro pump runs out of pp and also skull bask takes up 2 turns and that really sucks. ok that is abput it bye

Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 11, 2005
    I would choose Venasaur because there are more cool fire and water then grass.
    I wanted to get Magmar & Politoed.

Years
    shark3019875 said:
    look i choose charmender but squrtile is the best because it is strong if you enolve it and it defintley helps because the only ones that arte strong agnist it are grass and thunder and not alot of trainer(in the game)have thiunder and you can always teach pigoet fly because i don't feel like wasting sapce with chrazard i mean you can teach awesome attacks mny chrazard has fire blast fire burn what ever the new one thunder and hyper beam 1 tip don't pack your pokemon with powerfull attack with only like 55 pp cause well trust me unless you have exliers.i have all of themn and venasaur is strong but it has poor attacks at the end i son't think it learns soloar beam or does it well anyway the only way teach it strong grass type are by using tms and it is also a poison type which are bad beause they are weak against grass type really stupid . and it is ugly and tech sqpouyrtile surf when it evoles because when it has a high lvlthen the on't move it will kbow are hydro pump skull bash rain dance and sone thing erase the other move you will need backup once your hydro pump runs out of pp and also skull bask takes up 2 turns and that really sucks. ok that is abput it bye

Well for 1st: Learn to use . , Big start alphabet, and a Space after a dot. Sorry my poor english, but... And then learn to spell.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2007
    -_-; Right...TLB, this isn't a spelling and grammar contest. Also, if you guys learned to read, you'd notice that I posted that I chose charmander a LONG time ago. thanks for your cooperation.

~Kelsey

shark3019875

dragonair trainer
    Years
    i know but was typing in the dark and also i can't type without looking and i was just saying squirtle because he is strong a lot of peps pick charmender because he evoles to charazard and that is cool sry about the spelling

Last edited:
    Back