• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Pokemon won't/couldn't you evolve?

RevelationLugia

Braviary Trainer
Years
  • I refuse to evolve any Bayleefs and/or Grovyles regardless if their evolved form is stronger. I like the looks of them much more in their 2nd stage as compared to their 3rd.

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2022
    OMG Rhyperior and Electevire are sooooo ugly. The only reason I would evolve those suckers is for competitive battling. And I would never evolve Bulbasaur (my favorite Pokemon) Accept if I needed Venasaur for some UU battles.

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
    Years
  • I don't evolve Spoink. It is a very cute pokemon, but it turns into a stupid,fat pig.
    I can't evolve Pupitar and Dragonair. They take EXP reaaaaaaly slowly and they evolve at l.55.

Netish

errr CANDY MOUNTAIN!!!
    Years
  • togetic cause togekiss is just creepy and same with floatzel...the cry for floatzel just makes it worse, I'm not completely up to date on all the gen 4 so I'll stick to gen 3 and down:
    pigeotto-I thought pigeot looked weird
    rattata-yeah raticate has serious bucktooth issues
    nidorina or nidorino- nidoqueen and nidoking were annoying
    jigglypuff, marill, wingull, and vigoroth- the evolutions of these look like they just got swollen in some places from bee stings or something! SERIOUSLY!
    poliwhirl- politoed is just CREEPY
    poocheyna- pokemonx's fault
    spheal- the second stage is ugg but the third is majorly disturbing

DarkVhozon

Steel/Dragon Master
    Years
  • Magmar and Rydon i mean no offense to them they r good but I can't bring my slef to use a pokemon ugly as Magmortar or Rhyhyperior. Magmortar looks like a big person who painted himself in the colors of his fav sports team. Rhyhyperior looks like a Rhydon who got a bad haircut and blew the middle of his hands off blasting fireworks in the backyard on the 4th of July.

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    Magmar and Rydon i mean no offense to them they r good but I can't bring my slef to use a pokemon ugly as Magmortar or Rhyhyperior. Magmortar looks like a big person who painted himself in the colors of his fav sports team. Rhyhyperior looks like a Rhydon who got a bad haircut and blew the middle of his hands off blasting fireworks in the backyard on the 4th of July.

Those would both fit in perfectly where I live. :P

Me, I hate evolving Dragonair 'cuz it turns into a pudgy orange thing bearing no resemblance to its previous form. Plus, 4X Ice weakness. :(
    I put off evolving Caterpie as long as possible because Metapod sucketh.

Pokemon I literally *couldn't* evolve, although I wanted to, would be all trade-evolution Pokemon. *wonders what Gengar is like*

billios

Water Pokémon Master
    Years
  • I will NEVER evolve f.e.a.r!! (Focus sash+Endeavor+quick Attack Rattata) I mean, seriously!! As it is, its almost guaranteed to kill the opponent!! Who would wanna evolve that???

Not true, Ghost types and priority move users can beat it. Now back to the topic at hand.

Dratini was mine, it took too long. All the grinding... *shiver*

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • well i would never evolve mew into mewtwo cause mew can learn any tm/hm and its a event pokemon so yea

I pity the man that attempts to evolve Mew.

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • Lol'd @ the kid who thought Mew evolved.

- - -

I can't bring myself to evolve my Charmander, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Marshtomp or Dratini. I actually really like all of their evolutions. It's just that when I was young, I wouldn't evolve them. I was probably influenced by the anime. I never wanted Ash to evolve Charmander. I've grown attached to the mentioned Pokémon in their current forms. The nostalgia I get from their nicknames stops me from evolving them. Since they aren't great battlers, I use them in contests instead.

Ame

The tables are turned on you!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2010
    I hate evolving my Skitties! (Obviously) So I always get another one, it has to be a female! No exceptions! And I never evolve that one!

well i would never evolve mew into mewtwo cause mew can learn any tm/hm and its a event pokemon so yea
    Sad when a trainer tried this~ Makes us smart Trainers cry. I ask, how could you EVER evolve a Mew into a Mewtwo? I some of your logic, but I dear say you need to go to a pokemon acadamy! Sad panda~ Sad Ame! How dare you make me sad! Learn your pokemon and evolutions sir!

Last edited:
    Back