• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which region starters is the best

GYM LEADDER A

Has changed to Onizuka04
Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2004
    Which region starters is the best and your favorite

Which starter's are the best. Kanto/ Bulbasaur Charmander.Squrtile/./Jhoto Chikorita Cyndaquil Totodile./Honen Treecko,Torchic.Mudkip/. My favorite are the Jhotos and i also like Bulbasaur and Mudkip.I also mean and or their evoutions for example Squrtile,Wartortle, Blasoise.Thank you all for answering my post.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2006
    id have to say charmander/totodile/treecko but of all 9 starters charmander is easily my favourite

Lonepichu

Happy-Insane dance time
    Years
  • I think Johto, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, and Totodile, had the best starters.

My favorite starter is Mudkip though, because it's cute ^^ Cyndaquil is after that, then Squirtle and Chikorita.

But Johto is the best overall.

Sankari

...gone.
    Years
  • I think that the Kanto ones are the best. It's because I think that they're the most classic and brutal. If you had a picture of Charizard, Typhlosion, and Blaziken all lined up, Charizard looks pretty devilish, Typhlosion's just cool, and Blaziken is kind of the best designed and chickeny.

Blastoise, Feralligator, and Swampert...Well, I have to hand it to ya, Feralliagator's the most ferocious looking, but Blastoise is just cool.

Venusaur, Sceptile, and Meganium. Uh...Venusaur. He doesn't look too friendly.

That's just me.

Murpheos

Fists of Flame!
    Years
  • i prefer the newest generation of starters, they offer more variety in types and attacks, except for treecko, who still is just a grass type. Blaziken rox, my favourite of all.

Sankari

...gone.
    Years
  • Kanto is just the same:
    Venusaur is grass/poison
    Charizard is fire/flying

While in Hoenn:
    Blaziken is fire/fighting
    Swampert is water/ground

Then again, Mudkip is always a water/ground type, but Bulbasaur is always a grass/poison type. Torchic is a fighting type at the second stage and third while Charmander is just the third. Type wise, Hoenn is better.

SnoreBolt

Charged Up Snorlax
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jan 19, 2005
    Original, by far.

Salamander+Plant Dinosaur+Shade Wearing Turtle > ALL

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • in terms of uses in battling, then by far the advanced generation ones, for reasons too obvious to be stated for competitive battlers.

pokefan007

~the best avvy yet!~
    Years
  • SPon11 said:
    Kanto is just the same:
    Venusaur is grass/poison
    Charizard is fire/flying

While in Hoenn:
    Blaziken is fire/fighting
    Swampert is water/ground

Then again, Mudkip is always a water/ground type, but Bulbasaur is always a grass/poison type. Torchic is a fighting type at the second stage and third while Charmander is just the third. Type wise, Hoenn is better.

Mudkip is a plain water type while its evo forms are water/ground...
    I like hoenn best cause of the different types, and Sceptile can learn dragon moves.. (dragon claw anyone? XD)

Anarchytekt

Techlord
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Aug 16, 2006
    Kanto IS the best! Just look at them. What do u see? Intimidation!
    Johto is OK. I ABSOLUTELY hate totodile's evolutions, very ugly looking. Chikorita looks cute though. And Cyndaquil's evolutions rock!
    Hoenn, I'd better not talk about it. I talk about Hoenn Pokemon now I become the most hated member in pc and I might have to disable my rep.:P

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • In terms of battling... probably the Hoenn starters. They aren't the prettiest to look at, but they certainly can pack a punch. XD In terms of looks... probably the Kanto starting ones. ^_^

Anarchytekt

Techlord
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Aug 16, 2006
    If only looks could kill...:)
    The Kanto pokemon aren't that weak, just that sometimes the dual type of Charizard and Venusaur makes them weak against more types.. Johto pokemon are balanced I think.

Dark Dragonite

Vote for me!!
    Years
    • Age 20
    • PC
    • Seen Jul 29, 2005
    the hoen starters rock the world becuase they have blazeken the best starter becuase it has a really cool type fire/fighting

Raito Absol

~ Peaceful Dreamer ~
    Years
  • Kanto: easily my favorite. They bring back old memories and all of their evolutions look cool.

Jhoto: Totodile's second evolved form is ugly and Chikorita is too cheerful and girlish for me.

Hoenn: Torchic doesn't seem to look cool until its last evolved form and Mudkip and its evolutions are ugly.

So yeah, I choose Kanto. =).

Last edited:

Neon Methodis

Sapphire Champion
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Sep 1, 2005
    you got to give it to Hoenn Mudkip and Torchic are mixed types Mudkip Mud and water
    Torchic: Fire Fighting

Back