• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Seiyuus would best match the characters?

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2008
    Silver= Romi Paku

YES YES A THOUSAND TIMES YES.

To repeat some things I said in another topic:
    Red - Matsumoto Rika (Satoshi from Pokemon). Yes, it's an obvious choice, but I love her voice as Satoshi; it has so much personality. It can also get this nice mature ring at times.
    Blue (Haruhi from Suzumiya Haruhi, Konata from Lucky Star) - Hirano Aya. It fits so well! Hirano can do that energetic, mischievous, and slightly insane Haruhi SO well.
    Gold - Takeuchi Junko (Naruto from Naruto, Takuya from Digimon Frontier). I don't like her Naruto that much, but I think her Takuya would work very well (plus he looks like Gold!) She could definitely borrow from her Naruto for the wild pervy personality.

Cem-chan

Victory
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2010
    ^ Definately agree with you there. (But um who's Romi Paku)(I mean which shows is he from)

I Guess Kaori would be good for Sapphire (she just has to sound wild all the time) or Megumi Hayashibara (Lina from slayers, female Ranma from Ranma 1/2)As Ranma she sounds cute but evil and someone with a quicktemper, that'd be good for Saphhire

And I guess Kae Araki for Yellow (Chibiusa from sailor moon, Hikari from digimon adventure)

For Green it can't be his anime voice (its doesn't really fit his cocky personality) so any ideas?

lalalagirl

Die-hard Oldrivalshipper >:D~
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2009
    Blue- DEFINATELY Aya Hirano.
    Silver- yeah i agree Romi Paku would fit him.
    Gold- Maybe Judai from YGO GX XD yes KENN.
    Yellow- I totally see her with Hinamori from Bleach's Seiyu.
    Hmm... i'll edit when i think of more :/

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2008
    Paku Romi does the best young prodigy slightly-emo male characters-- also Ichijouji Ken from Digimon 02, Heimdall from Matantei Loki Ragnarok, Osaki Nana from NANA, Temari (not Ten-Ten) from Naruto, Shihodani from Princess Princess, and Tao Ren from Shaman King. Her voice is totally recognizable and awesome.

I love KENN, and I totally didn't think about him. I think he's not quite wild and insane enough to be Gold, but he'd make a great Ruby-- he can be kind of cute and almost effeminate if he wants. I could also see Miyano Mamoru (Yagami Light from Death Note, Suo Tamaki from Ouran, Setsuna F. Seiei from Gundam 00, Riku from Kingdom Hearts) as Ruby for his softer and kind of distinct sound, but Mamo-chan is so versatile and does a huge range of roles (like his insane and stupidish Ishida Tetsu in the Prince of Tennis musicals). He'd be a nice Dia as well. Of course, if this is the case, KENN needs to be Pearl because KENN and Mamo-chan are a great comedy duo!

I like the idea of Kaori reprising her role as Sapphire, but I don't think she's quite insane enough. Hayashibara Megumi could be a Sapphire, but something about the idea of Musashi's seiyuu playing Sapphire scares me.

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2008
    Japanese voice actor. We would say "Japanese voice actors," but that's just too un-wieldly =P

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2008
    "Seiyuu" is a word that most people in anime fandom understand, and if they don't, can learn to accept. It's also used in contrast to the term "VA" or "voice actor" which generally is implied to refer to English-language voice actors. Also, it's the Internet, so abbreviations or shorter versions of words run rampant; hopefully, you don't get your panties in a bunch every time someone says "ROFL" instead of "rolling on the floor laughing," but I suppose I shouldn't make prejudgments about your reactions.

We could say "Japanese animation" or "Japanese comic books" every time we wanted to refer to anime and manga, but do we really need to?

Cem-chan

Victory
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2010
    Now that I know who Romi Paku is, I agree, she'd make a great Silver. And so far the only ones with seiyuus are:
    Red
    Green
    Crys
    Emerald
    Berlitz

I honestly don't think Megumi Toyoguchi (Dawn's seiyuu) would make a good Berlitz. Dawn is too preppy and optimistic

red king

The Sky Of Your World
    Years
    well the seiyuu that does lelouch will be a good seiyuu to green and for red the one that does allen

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Platina could have Emma Watson do her voice. I always see her with a British accent.

Cem-chan

Victory
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2010
    ^ But we're discussing Jap voice actors here. I guess Emma Watson could make a good dub Berlitz.

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2009
    Blue - Yukino Satsuki, hands down. Aya's great, definetely, but she's no Blue. Yukino, meanwhile, has a character so similar to Blue it's not funny, and she sounds perfect as her.
    Yellow - Hirohashi Ryo would prolly be a good one for her.
    Gold - If he could get himself to sound young enough for Gold, then I'd say Hoshi Soichiro would be great. Perfect, even. If that was not possible though, a Takeuchi Junko would be fine too.
    Silver - Eh. Never been a Paku Romi fan myself, probably never will be, but if you want to stereotype, I guess it'd fit. It'd certainly bring in more fans.
    Ruby - Seconding Miyano Mamoru a thousand times over. No, ten thousand.

As for the others... uh, Nakahara Mai might be good for Crystal, but her voice scares me half the time sooo...

Oh and you've gotta consider timeskips and stuff. Would Red, Green, and Blue sound the same in FireRed/Leaf Green as they did in Red/Green/Blue/Yellow, and maybe even Gold/Silver/Crystal to an extent? Red and Green, for instance, might need a bit of a change up (though Blue would probably be okay) seeing as puberty = deeper voices and all. Of course, Naruto's seiyuu is a good example of keeping it up, so.

Back