• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Which should I get?

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2014
    I'm more or less going to parrot most of the members... FireRed/LeafGreen if you've never played kanto, otherwise I'd pick emerald. To be fair you can't really go wrong with any of the games from gen 3.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • Get both Emerald and Fire Red/Leaf Green. In Emerald you can obtain the most legendary's throughout the story, including the trio (Rayquaza, Groudon, Kyogre). The layout of the region is nice as well and I think you'd really enjoy the gameplay. Emerald also allows you to fight 2 evil groups (Magma and Aqua) where as in Sapphire you get Aqua and Ruby you get Magma, but in Emerald their plot behind it is so epic. So Emerald is definitely worth looking into.

As for getting Fire Red/Leaf Green, it's really up to you on which one you choose if any. If you're looking to get FR/LG then look at the Pokemon exclusives to help you determine. I know a few of the exclusives are Magmar, Vulpix, Pinsir, and Staryu for LG and Electabuzz, Scyther Shellder, and Growlithe for FR, personally I like Fire REd. If you played the original BRY then I'd recommend this game for nostalgic purposes and to see how the games have been updated with a few new features.

Back