• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which starter did you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    Cyndaquil. Mainly because typlosion kicks ass, and the game lacks any other decent fire pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2011
    I love all Johto starters. Used Cyndaquil three times, and Totodile/Chikorita one time in HGSS.

Espeonrules

~Pokemon Fan-Girl~
    Years
    The first time I played through it, I used Cyndaquil. The only reason I picked it is so that I could get through the game easier and quicker. It's sort of cute, I guess. I've taken quite a liking to it. However, my real favorite is Chikorita, which is what I picked the second time through. Meganium is just pure awesome.

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2010
    I've always found the Gen II starters to be a bit dull (Gen I and III starters FTW!). But I went with Cyndaquil, now it's a beautiful Typlosion.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Cynadquil I always choose it - Ever since I was 6 it's always been Cyndaquil. It's by far my favorite starter

Itstoppedatumbreon

Destroying Zubats since 1996
    Years
    cyndaquil on crytal and first time on hg
    second totadile
    3rd and 4th chikorita, but i just culdnt use him. you dont need a grass type in johto. stuck him in the day care

AntiZero

Remember?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    Cyndaquil! It's so cute how its eyes are closed. :)

Sometimes I'll trade my Cyndaquil and start a new game to have a Totodile AND Cyndaquil.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2021
    I went for Cyndaquil in SoulSilver. As for HeartGold, Totodile. Mainly because Feraligatr has access to an ever-useful Ice moves (Ice Punch notably), and Waterfall is pretty good.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back