• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which starter did you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elroid

Noob
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2010
    I always choose fire for first try then maybe water if i plan to play another version. But i never thought of using leaf before

Peach Fresca

Underrated Pokémon Fanatic
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2010
    Cyndaquil. It's the starter I chose in my Silver version, and it's my favourite of the three of them. <3

Lati-Fan95

I completed my HG Pokedex!^^
    Years
    I chose Chikorita cuz it's not as strong in offense as the others are!^^ And because I wanted to have a hard playthrough (it was, my team at the end of the story was Meganium, Furret and Unown) !^^

Sewzie

Too sexy for my shirt.
    Years
    Chose Totodile as my starting.
    He was the Pokemon I first chose when I first played Pokemon Gold/Crystal on the GBC.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Back in the old days of GSC,
    I would always pick Chikorita('coz of its cute appearance) and or Totodile...

But nowadays in Hg/Ss... I never pick Chikorita again(I only chose it for completion of Pokedex),
    'coz offensively, Chikorita's weak...
    with the Physical/Special split in 4th Gen,
    I chose Totodile and Cyndaquil.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Well, for SoulSilver I chose Cyndaquil for old times sakes. But in my HGSS copy I think I chose Totodile then bstuffed it in a box so I could do a fighting monotype run.

ThatKidMike

yall fuccbois
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    Cyndaquil, because all of the starters in HG/SS are pretty wack imo. And I figured a fire pokemon would be most useful, since Game Freak has something against fire pokemon or something.

pokedude911

Glitch Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2010
    I planned to choose Chikorita...

but I happened to see images of it's OW sprite, and Meganium's back sprite, and, well, they were so utterly apalling that I chose Cyndaquil. And I don't evolve him.

Appalling doesn't begin to describe Chikorita, so I stayed away from her. I picked Cyndaquil because, well, every starter I've picked is Fire-type. =D

Red Mustang

PC's Resident Cowgirl
    Years
    I've picked Totodile and Cyndaquil before, I hate Chikorita.

I dunno, all these starters seem to loose their worth as the game progresses. Maybe that's just mine though.

Katja

Years
    TBH, I don't really like any of the silver starters. I want my charizard...or my shiny bunny <3

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I chose Totodile in my japanese version of HG and Cyndaquil in my English version of SS! :D

ThePikachuDude

Yes, I do liek mudkips
    Years
    I started with Cyndaquil. I like to start off easy to start the game. I have to say, Cyndaquil is way easier than Chikorita.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back