• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which starter did you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRatBoy

PokeYoutuber
Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2011
    Totodile without a doubt...never even owned a cyndiquil or chikorita...always totodile.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2011
    I started off with Chikorita because it would make the game more challenging at the start. I also liked its design. I found it pretty cute.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I restarted my Heart Gold yesterday and this time I choose Chikorita. I traded her for my Meowth though. :3

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
    Years
  • I started out with Cyndaquil. Why? I always start out with the fire starter!
    I used to start out with only grass starters, but then I started liking Fire-types more.

Ronin

Lazlo Woodbine’s apprentice
    Years
  • In the original gold and silver I had a Cyndaquil (my fav) in gold and a Totodile in silver. When I got HeartGold I decided to go with Chikorita... I regretted it as I dislike chikorita and its evolutions. I'm now playing through Soulsilver and started with good old Cyndaquil, it's definitely the most awesome starter ;)

Scrafty

*Insert Words Here*
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2013
    I chose Chikorita due to it being the biggest challenge for In-Game. Plus, I find its evolutions to be cool.

apm525

friend code 1506 3303 3230
    Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2011
    i started with Cyndaquil hes a BA but im looking for the other ones so if u have the other starters can you breed them with a ditto and trade it to me ill give you a baby Cyndaquil

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2011
    I always picked Chikorita, even in the original G/S/C it's too cute. ^-^

Ferny

The Shiny Ninetales
    Years
  • Cyndaquil; I love the Chikorita family too, but I never seem to have too much luck with Grass-types.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2011
    Charmander [Becomes Fire Flying Winwin]
    Tododile [Is Bro status]
    Torchick [Fire Fighting what new original type of pokemon!]
    ...Flaming Monkey? [I hate Gen IV.... My choices are Monkey Turtle and Peguin... No just no I'm sending over a Tododile right now.]

I do have Platinum I just hate a majority of the new pokemon.

Snowflakes

GONNA HATE?
    Years
  • Heh. In Crystal, my starter was always Totodile (One, somehow, grew to be a level 107 Feraligatr...yes, level 107. Not lying. Some kid saw that and he stole my game).

In SoulSilver, I chose Cyndaquil (which is now a level 96 Typhlosion) the first time around, and then I deleted that file and chose Chikorita the second time (which is now a level 47-49 Meganium. Not finished beating every gym yet, though).

All in all, those three starters are pretty boss.

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2016
    i never use one of the starter pokemons^^ i catched my otachi at lv3 and its almost 60 now :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    I had originally chose Cyndaquil but Typlosion never worked out for me. Then when I restarted my Heartgold, I picked Totodile, and now I really like my Feraligtr. :)

KitKat13

i'm on the right track, baby
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 17, 2012
    I chose Totodile as my original starter in my Heart Gold game, although later I received both a Cyndaquil, and Chikorita though trades... I however don't really use any of their forms very often. Totodile is a lv. 22 Croconaw, and I have a lv. 21 Quilava, the Chikorita is still a Chikorita.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    Chikorita, and why? My friends chose Totadile, and Cyndaquil, and yes I still play with my friends even though we're in teens XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back