• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Which starter did you pick?

Which did you pick?

• Total voters

MoonPoke

--Pokemon Strategist--
Years
  • I would definitely pick Tepig. I always start with a fire pokemon as a starter.

Years
    • NC
    • Seen Jan 30, 2012
    Snivy for me. My sister hasn't made up her mind on Oshawott or Tepig yet, so I'm just going to go with the one she definitely doesn't want.

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    Ok, I have decided that:

Samurott, while awesome, is outclassed by a ton of other better water types.
    Emboar, awesome too, is too frail and slow for me.
    Serperior has potential, even though it has a bad rep without perversity. Calm Mind :)

I'll probably go with Snivy.

Xatumi

Mech-Zoid
    Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2014
    definitely Oshowatt, and the other two via trading.

Probably will re-breed them to get perfect natured starters and what not

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Unpopular Oshawott is now popular! Who would have thought. I'll be choosing it for the third version, Ash's Oshawott made me like the Pokemon even more.

I've probably said this like 2 on here but I'll be choosing Snivy. I decided to fully evolve it and my Frillish, unevolved Pokemon won't survive the Battle Subway. I hate Snivy's family's learn-set though, oh woe is me. I'll just use her as a wall, my useful Leavi =3

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • 1 more long hour until I get my Oshawott. Does anyone know if you can check natures during the first battle or if you have to beat both rivals before you can check?

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2012
    Went with Snivy, hadn't gone with a grass starter in ages so I thought why not :D

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    For "Pokémon Black Version" I picked Snivy, and for "Pokémon White Version" I picked Tepig.

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    I chose Snivy, Serperior is the only one that isn't outclassed. I wish Samurott was better.

Trying to decide between Jolly or Timid Snivy, hmm...

Last edited:

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
  • Pretty simple for me, for Pokémon White I picked; Tepig and planning on choosing Snivy for Pokémon Black.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2023
    I picked....Mijumaru (I'm NOT calling it by that other name) and will name him Wotter as soon as I can :)

Poor Pokabu never gets any love I guess.

Back