• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

which starter goes best with staraptor?

Chagrilled

Wonderguard
    Years
    I want to run through d/p/pl quickly for items, and id basically be using 2 pokemon: staraptor, and one of the starter pokemon. (cause they're the easiest to get XD)

so which of the starters would best cover staraptor?

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2011
    I believe Infernape will over Staraptor.
    Infernape, in my opinion, could handle most of the Gyms using
    Close Combat, Thunder Punch (Move Tutor), Flareblitz (Or reasonable fire move), and this move is up to you. You are able to cover Normal, Flying, Rock, Steel, Ice, Water, Bug, Grass, (Bleh too lazy to list them all)

For the last move, you can use Arial Ace (For Fighting), Feint Attack (For Psycic and Ghost) or U-Turn (For Psycic)

The last move is up to you I suppose. Of course, you can replace Flare Blitz with Flamethrower but you would need to trade for it or get it at the Game Corner. Flamethrower is more reliable because Flare Blitz will wither down some of your health (Unless you can backup with Leftovers, or potions) Best part is, these moves are all physical so yeah.

Emperte

はがねタイプ
    Years
    I believe either Empoleon or Infernape would do well to cover Staraptor.

The Infernape set mentioned above could work and for the Empoleon, I'd use something like Surf/Flash Cannon/Earthquake/Hidden Power

Ghostrk9

learning new information!
    Years
    definatly torterra ppl!

i mean here is a good moveset for em

staraptor:
    fly
    return(cause of high lvls)
    aerial ace
    u-turn or something else

torterra
    earthquake
    razor leaf(energy ball when u get it)
    crunch
    stone egde

and if u want u can catch azelf

flamethower
    ice beam (i think)
    psychic
    nasty plot

easy!

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Infernape is definitely the best starter to cover staraptor, because infernape can literally handle the entire game by himself, almost easily. Other than Wake (which can be mitigated to some extent by Grass Knot), infernape can wreck just about everyone.

Staraptor wants: Brave Bird, Close Combat, Obligatory Fly, Return
    Infernape Wants: Close Combat, Fire Blast, Grass Knot, random other move.

And you will be perfectly fine.

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
    I think you can quickly finish the game and battles very easily with Torterra, Staraptor and Azelf. Easy to get, Azelf can be caught with Master Ball if you don't mind.

Torterra: Earthquake, Crunch, Giga Drain (Energy Ball after E4), Leaf Storm
    Staraptor: Brave Bird/Aerial Ace, Close Combat, Return, Quick Attack
    Azelf: Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Nasty Plot

And some HM Slaves. Remember, don't give Fly to Staraptor, Brave Bird or Aerial Ace are better.

Back