• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which starter is better

Which Starter is a better wall

• Chimchar

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Piplup

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • Turtwig

Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    If you look at my sig that will be one of my teams

Okay i have been on and off with my game and right now I have:

Bella/Starly Lvl. 8
    Modest
    Atk:13
    Def:10
    Sp.Atk:12
    Sp.Def:10
    Speed:15
    Attacks:
    Tackle
    Growl
    Quick Attack

AeroSmith/Piplup Lvl.8
    Hasty
    Atk:14
    Def:13
    Sp.Atk.:17
    Sp.Def:15
    Speed:12
    Attacks:
    Pound
    Growl
    Bubble

I plan on adding a abra with hidden power soon is this a good set up for the first gym I will lvl. all up to lvl. 10 before I face though.

Also I might get something else ideas?
    Are you talking about this? If so I don't much like Starly it can be good but not for long... Well other then that it's a great choice for a start.
    No the one I posted alittle back
    is it the one i just quoted?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    i could possibly get all three from my brothers game

Then why dont you just do that? thats what I do when my brother gets his games after I have started already.

Hybrid Fury

#1 Fan of Misdreavus
    Years
    Chimchar hands down. When it evolves, it gains the Fire/Fighting status giving it the upper hand even against Empoleon. Of course we all know Fire beats Steel and Grass, so unless for some odd reason Empoleon and Torterra attack first, Infernape will mostly likely win. Chimchar is the best starter in Diamond/Pearl.

Sceptile16

Pokemon Master...In The Making
    Years
    Like most people say, it's just a matter of preference...But for me, I would have to choose Turtwig, because it's my favorite and it's great for not only offence, but defense as well...

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 28, 2013
    I chose Turtwig!

I find Torterra's grass/ground combo very interesting, and learning earthquake naturally is a big thumbs up in my book! It can be a bit slow but I gave it the quick claw which was pretty handy.

And also, my two real life 'rivals' have Infernape and Empoleon, and me having Torterra makes it pretty cool :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2009
    Pick Piplup IMO.

I have him, and haven't even evolved it yet. Right now he's level 38 I think, and I'm just keeping him because he's my favorite DP pokemon so far.
    Even unevolved he rocks the house.

Of course once you evolve him that steel/water combo will be a great advantage in lots of situations.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    If you're asking what I think you're asking, none of the starters are really good walls; Infernape is best as a mixed sweeper, while Torterra and Empoleon are physical and special tanks respectively. If you want more info, please use the stickies in the Strategies and Movesets section.

*locks*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back