• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen which starter should I get??

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    If you don`t get Chimchar you will be stuck with only one other fire type however with the other starters you can find good replacements .

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2010
    Well I chose Piplup as my starter and I think it owns lol. But it all depends on which one you like the best.

J_zero

EVs, Rarities, Shinies :D
    Years
    Choose Piplup, thats wht i did, and with him it was so easy to go throughout the game, his evolutions learn great attacks, specially empoleon, wich is also steel, choose piplup, plus hes the cutest :)

-Jirachi-

Fossil Gym
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2009
    My personal choice would be Chimchar as the only other fire type untill you earn National Dex is Ponyta plus Chimchars final Evo Infernape boasts high speed and attack to go with a fairly decent attack moveset. But the choice, as they say, is yours :P

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2007
    I got Turtwig as my starter.It was pretty easy to train.I got chimchar from my cousn a little later in the game.Out of the both that I trained I liked Chimchar better.

Pikachu2007

Free hugs for everyone!
    Years
    I chose Turtwig. That's just me because I always start with Grass Pokemon and I'm not sure why. Turtwig has good Defensive stats, Chimchar is good as an offensive starter, and Piplup is like Mario in the Super Smash Brothers series - it's very well-rounded in stats.
    But your choice is up to you.

bulbasaur3x

My Pokemon own u@#@!$@#
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2007
    choose your favorite, and if you cant decide by that choose the strongest. which is chimcar of course

Back