• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which Starter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I just got pokemon diamond 2day and im was wondering which starter is best coz in pokemon emerald there was
    Treecko>Evoled into Grass
    Torchic>Evolved into Fire/Fighting
    Mudkip>Evoled into Water/Ground

And On Diamond theres
    Turtwig>Grass/???
    Chimchar>Fire/???
    Piplup>Water/???

can someone tell me what the type is and which starter is better

Magical_Flygon

Hoothoot master
    Years
  • I'd say empoleon(piplup) is the best as it learns decent moves and has good defence. I started with chimchar but it's rubbish and turtwig is only useful as a HM slave

Years
  • Turtwig>Grass/Ground
    Chimchar>Fire/Fighting
    Piplup>Water/Steel

Turtwig's a good physical wall. Chimchar's a good physical sweeper and Piplup is a good special wall/sweeper.

Michiru552

Pokemon Clones & Contests!
    Years
  • I'd say Piplup, It's the harder one of the three to start with but ya learn more then rest(or so ppl say)
    Also it turns out to be one of best near endgame

Pkmn Trainer Alex

K i n g // of Knights
    Years
  • If you're asking if Turtwig's highest form (Torterra) can beat the other highest forms (Infernape and Empoleon), then each type can really beat any of the other types.

Any Empoleon should have Ice Beam, which would faint most Torterra that aren't prepared, since Grass/Ground is 4x weak to Ice.

Infernape would naturally have the advantage with Flare Blitz or Flamethrower, but Torterra would probably faint it with an Earthquake if it survived Infernape's initial attack.

Empoleon would obviously want to use Surf on Infernape, but Infernape, the fastest of the 3, would get the first turn and would seriously dent, and could possibly faint, the part-Steel Empoleon with Close Combat.

Besides, when comparing stuff like starters, you shouldn't ask "Which of these 3 would win if they went against each other?". You should ask "Which of these 3 would fit in with the other 5 Pokémon I plan on using?".

I should point out that the Chimchar-line is the only fire-type, other than Ponyta, that you will be able to get before the Elite 4 without trading, so you may want to consider that.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2009
    Don't go with which one's best, you should pick which ever you want. A good trainer can turn any pokemon into a strong/great pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    C'mon, guys, we've had at least 50 threads on this matter. Use the search feature next time.

Closed~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back