• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which trainer did you have the most trouble with?

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
    I'd have to say Morty or Chuck, leaning towards Chuck because he kept Focus Punching my Pidgeotto with his Poliwrath... the second time around I got smarter and just used Ampharos' growl and charge, and let Chuck waste PP. Then Thunderpunched Poliwrath repeatedly, annoying me since it was a simple solution to a simple problem.

Apart from that, I'd say it's those trainers at the end of the routes who have good Pokemon, and always fight you when you're down to some horrible Pokemon, and all the others are paralyzed, asleep, poisoned, or KO'd. I hate those tools.

Azumin

Trader/RNGer. ^-^
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    Red :D I tried it one time and epicly failed. Time to train to teh 80's. ^-^

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2011
    The onlt trainer to beat me is blue, 5 times lol That Machamp is a machine. Guys like Morty, Claire and Lance were pretty easy for me, your team should include pokemon that can take them down. For Morty I had a Kengaskhan with the ability scrappy (normal moves can hit ghosts) was a piece of cake. Claire and Lance went down to Lapras' Ice Beam and Kengaskhans outrage.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2016
    I am on my way from Vermilion City,but so far...it was Lance.

I was overconfident because my PKM were at 55 levels,so I thought that I am gonna win easily....but his lvl 50 Dragonite took out my lvl 55 Dragonite (wtf?),and that stupid Aerodaytyl always attacked first....but I beat him with my Ampharos....one tough battle....

Uruk

i'm gonna have me some fun.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2011
    lance was a real pain. especially with typhlosion :D but red was quite easy. i beat him with only typhlosion, gyarados and magneton.

Vapore

Simple to the Core. ♥
    Years
    No one yet and I don't think I will for a while, if ever. I am the kind of maniac that painstakingly trains and levels all my Pokemon [fairly and legit]. Formula is .. starter Pokemon at least +10 levels above current badge that I'm on, party Pokemon 10 levels below that, and everyone [and I mean everyone] else at the very least 20 levels below that.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    Ive only just cleared Team Rocket from the Radio Tower but so far my toughest trainer would have to be Whitney and her Miltank.. took me three tries before finaly defeating her.

M O M U S U

Fail-safe
    Years
    Lance. He has three flippin' Dragonites, and it seems like an infinite number of healing items, full restores, hyper potions, whatever.

And as far as random trainers go, anyone with a Pokemon that knows hypnosis, confuse ray, smog, etc. I HATE status inflicting attacks.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    At my current point in the game (between Clair and the E4), the most problematic trainer I've fought was Pryce and his Rest/Sleep Talking Dewgong. >_<

Took me three attempts and evolving my Flaaffy in order to beat that thing. >_<

zommy08

Crimson Trainer
    Years
    Sabrina. I won plainly on items, luck and priority moves (mainly, Sucker Punch).
    Second is Lance. I tried about 6 times (my Pokémon were about Lv. 39 :)). The only way I outsped the two Lv. 49 Dragonites was with a Choice Scarf. I won with only my Tentacruel hitting Aerodactyl critically with Surf with its HP in yellow. o_o

MudkipRush!!!

Epic Fail Trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2010
    So far, Falkner.
    Screw him and his damn Gust >:( It makes my bug type team sad.

WiiMann

I gots Heart Gold!! ^_^
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    Out of all the battles i have had on Heart Gold i only failed to Silver ^_^........but Lance was the second most challenging

TrilbyMenetti

HeartGold trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    Youngster Joey. He and his top percentage Rattata are extremely difficult, particularly early on. (I'm joking, in case you can't tell :D).

Being more serious, I suprisingly had trouble with Bugsy, the Kimono Girls and Lt. Surge and predictably Clair. Bugsy's Scyther has become an irritating threat now and was responsible for taking three gos against him (almost won the second time, but the AI lucked out). Lt. Surge seemed a bit more difficult than before, so I had to battle Brock and Misty beforehand and Clair was a tad irritating, particularly with Gyrados and Kingdra.

I didn't have trouble with Whitney this time like I did in Gold years back (although Milk Drink and Attract were annoying), Morty was easy and so was the Rival.

Last edited:

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    Lance. I usually create problems for myself, because I find it more fun with hrd battles, but his Dragonites were so damn beast... I didn't white out tho :D

Then (not in any particular order); Jasmine (overleveled Steelix FTW), The trainers in the deeper part of Union Cave (I went there first thing after I got the Ekruteak Badge... ^_^;), Lt. Surge (completely underestimated him; Then I overestimated all the other Kanto Leaders XD), and some more...

I've never lost once, tho :D

(except for my first Bug Catching Contest... Darn Pinsir ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ... But that didn't count <_< = >_>)

Illustration

ああああああああ
    Years
    Lt. Surge was a pain to beat. My Pokemon were either a flying type, a water type or both. His Pokemon were also in a higher level as my Pokemon.

chicanery

is this youth?
    Years
    most of the gym leaders were a breeze for me, but Pryce and the rocket exec Archer were a bit of a pain... 'cause i was underleveled ;x; that Houndoom seemed so strong until i used Surf on 'im :|a then again, i have stronger trainers ahead.

Back