• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Which version do you get your shinies?

Years
    I got a bunch of questions
    1. How can you get shiny rayquaza (probably spelled wrong) You can only find one rayquaaza and hes in that tower place. THANKS!
    2. shiny mewtwo under the list... i thought if you caught mewtwo your game would screw up.
    3. Where do you find Deoxy? THANKS!
    4. (for those using roms) do you have the original pokemon game? none of my business :P
    5. Do we need trainer Ids? nvm
    6. Once you get one can you change it whenever you want? nvm
    7. How much does this site get updated? Thanks!

Last edited:

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
    1 yes u can get shiney raquaza but u have to be very very very lucky.

2 yes u can get shiney mewtwo in fire red/leaf green but u have to be very very very lucky.

3 dexoys is on island 9. which u can only go to by gameshark or an event.

4 i dont think i should anwser this pm me.

5 i dont know what u mean.

6 same as above.

7 every day.

i hope this helps you. also welcome to pc.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    1) Save, fight, reset and repeat until it's shiny
    2) You shouldn't be able to catch Mewtwo at all in RSE
    3) In Emerald, on Birth Island by downloading the Aurora Ticket
    4) Ask that in the ROM forum
    5) Yes, for the lottery and for breeding
    6) No
    7) Every day, but that has nothing to do with RSE

Years
    If you can't get mewtwo in ruby........ does that mean you get it from fire red and those new ones???
    because there is a shiny mewtwo

Because in the shiny list there is a shiny mewtwo

also i forgot what are egg moves?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    You trade over from FR/LG to RSE. If you caught it shiny in FRLG, then it'll still be shiny in RSE.

As for Egg Moves, there is a good explanation in the Breeders Corner. Please go there for more information. Thanks ^_^

Deaths Jaws

Budding Breeder
    Years
    to find a shiny its all about luck..and LOTS of encounters...enough to make you go crazy!!!

ive been hunting for a load of shinies that are all in the same area for over 20 hours so far...none have been shiny and ive had uncounted thousands of ecounters so far.

so all up its just luck

Jaws...

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    I randomly caught a shiny Tentacool over the weekend. I really want a shiny Bagon though, since if I get one my friend will trade me his spare Latias for it.

FireEmporer

I win. You lose.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 3, 2006
    Jedi_Amara said:
    I randomly caught a shiny Tentacool over the weekend. I really want a shiny Bagon though, since if I get one my friend will trade me his spare Latias for it.
    Spare Latias... *Dies* HOW DOES HE HAVE A SPARE? I Don't even Have 1... *Dies Again*

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Either sharked it or traded it over from another game. The original game certainly didn't sprout two Latias' though XD

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2005
    the easiest shinys to get are beldum(from steven house) the regis, groudon/kyogre or both and rayquaza and of course you starter.

Back