• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which water starter? (remeber the 4 word rule)

Favorite Water Starter?

• Squirtle

Votes: 25 31.6%
  • Totodile

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I hear u liek Mudkip

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Piplup

Votes: 11 13.9%

• Total voters

matt561

Your French Charizard
Years
  • I dont think I have ever chosen a water starter but if I had to then I would choose mudkip because of Swampert who is one of the coolest 3rd gen evolutions

Cornelius

Video Game Addict
    Years
  • Totodile is my favorite out of all of the water starters. His final evolution is pure genius, and I can't think of any reasons for why--I just do.

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2009
    Definately Totodile, he has this sort of awesome feel to it.
    Second favorite would be mudkip. It looks amusing.

Ice Grimm

Mirotic
    Years
  • My best water starter is Squirtle, I guess I am a little classic, but he is so cute
    Then we go on to the second and that's Piplup, because he is an adorable little penguin (He is a penguin right?)
    And then Totodile, because he is so cute and cuddly =)

Starway

Artist and Gamer
    Years
  • I like them all but I'm guessing Piplup since I've been with him much longer than any others.

P.S-Also I like how you put the Mudkip thing XD

Years
  • I've never really loved the water-type starters, but I guess they're pretty cute. I really love Piplup, though (it's my favourite out of the Sinnoh starters, in fact).

ScarletSuzu

Suwako!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2009
    I suppose Squirtle is my favorite, since I like its whole family.

I like Mudkip a lot but I don't like its evolutions.

From Totodile's family, I only like Croconaw.

And... I really don't have much of an opinion on Piplup. I guess it's cute...

Arle Kaa-kun

Wakasyamo DESU! X3
    Years
  • It's the internet's fault why I like Mudkip. But it's evolutions at least take away its electric pain. Just watch out for Grass-types and its speed!

Hana~

Now available in surround~
    Years
  • I really don't like any of the water starters. The only first form that I like is Mudkip, but I also think that Totodile is okay.

My favorite part about the water type starters (and most other starters, really) is the middle evolution. Marshtomp is one of my favorite Pokémon and I am also fond of Wartortle. However, Prinplup and Croconaw were a bit too rough.

My most disliked part about all Water-type starter Pokémon is the uglyness of the final, fully evolved forms. Prinplup and Croconaw were too rough and "boyish" from the get-go, and their final forms didn't help much to weigh out that argument. My most favorite one out of these would probaly be Swampert, although I don't really like it either. Blastoise was a bit too simple and the ugliest out of the four IMO.

So, that's my opinion on the Water-type Starters~

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Squirtle.

Even though I'm not a fan of the first evolution, at least when it evolved I'd be walking around with a frilly-yet-ominous creature that looks flat-out cool rather than a crocodile that looks like it's in an egg. The final evos are pretty much tied.

Silver_Hell

Ocean wave...
    Years
  • I like Totodile the most, next it is Squirtle followed by Piplup and Mudkip (i don't like the Mudkip's evolutions so much, that's because)

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
  • I'ma have to go with Squirtle. It's close between Squirtle and Totodile but when they evolve Blastoise>Feraligatr and Wartortle>Croconaw by a long shot...

dark_giratina

Being of Emotion
    Years
  • My favourite water starter is totodile ftw because the first ever pokemon game i got was silver and i randomly picked totodile.The it evolves into feraligatr which is amazingly cool.Croconaw... not so much:)

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I like both swampert and Blastoise. Swampert for the strength and Blastoise for its looks!

Back