• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Zelda is the best?

Which Zelda Game is the Best?

• Legend of Zelda

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Adventure of Link

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Link to the Past

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Link's Awakening

• Ocarina of Time

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Majora's Mask

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Oracle of Seasons

• Oracle of Ages

• Four Sword

• The Wind Waker

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Four Sword Adventures

• The Minish Cap

• Twilight Princess

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Phantom Hourglass

• I don't have a favorite

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • I hate Zelda games (then why are you here?)

• Total voters

Rinku

Is back for "REVENGENCE."
    Years
    it's sorta a tie between wind waker and twilight princess... wind waker cuz i like those graphics: fun and cute, and it gives you the ability to explore the vast ocean and flooded hyrule. also some of the cutscenes in WW are pretty funny! twilight for its amazing graphics and storyline, and playing as a wolf is a new LoZ experience. but i really love the ability to swing the wii mote like the "blade of evil's bane" itself(wii version). hmmmmm... WW cuz its one of the first (and might i say best) gamecube game i've played. wow... that was a long explanation...

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2014
    It is wierd how everyone picked Wind Waker and Majora's Mask, first of all Majora is super hard to some. And Wind Waker was too short. I recently beat Wind Waker today. Why today and not 5 years ago, It is because my memory card got damaged and I don't like replaying what I already beat. Seriously annoying. I picked Phantom Hourglass because it actually lets you move around with your stylus and I think it is pretty cool. I would like to see another Zelda for the DS.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 8, 2024
    It is wierd how everyone picked Wind Waker and Majora's Mask, first of all Majora is super hard to some. And Wind Waker was too short. I recently beat Wind Waker today. Why today and not 5 years ago, It is because my memory card got damaged and I don't like replaying what I already beat. Seriously annoying. I picked Phantom Hourglass because it actually lets you move around with your stylus and I think it is pretty cool. I would like to see another Zelda for the DS.

2 things to say to that. Yes Wind Waker is too short. Some parts are quite challenging. Majora's Mask is meant to be hard as it's like a 2nd part of OOT. Also, if it wasn't a challenge, who would buy it? Everyone loves a challenge.

I also agree with what you said about Phantom Hourglass. I just suppose it's different peoples opinions.

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    I'd pick Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess.
    Well, it's probably because those two are the only Zelda games I've ever played. ):

cieux

banned
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2011
    Wind Waker was the first one that I actually bothered playing, 'cause the graphics were so cute at at the time, I was a little little girl in grade 3 or 4 who had a fear of skeletons that looked realistic, as well as zombies... and well, I thought that the skeletons and redeads in Wind Waker were actually... womfgcute. e_e Well, the latter, I started not thinking they were cute when I heard the screams they made and stuff but... yeah.

I also found the game's sidequests and everything so omfg cute and that's also where my obsessive Toon Link obsession sprouted from; so I'd have to say Wind Waker. But I don't play Zelda games that often, anyhow. Another plus for Wind Waker is Ganondorf's overly long and annoying laugh, in that one part...

Keitaro

Urashima
    Years
    It is actually hard to compare due to time of their releases on different systems off a series based on trying to revolutionize gaming every time a new release comes out for it. Giving me 3 answers to that question...

1. If you say point blank what is the best Zelda game out of the entire series my opinion I strongly believe an obvious one for that matter is "Twilight Princess" because it's not only the latest to be released but it is delivers in so many ways. They also surpassed the very high standards set by Wind Waker imo.

2. If you think about what really is the best Zelda game taking the time dates when they were released into account well I have 2 that come to mind. The Legend of Zelda (NES) & The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64) both made a huge impact when they were first released and took full advantage from graphics to sound to gameplay with the systems they were released and both were the most revolutionary more so then the others I believe upon their release.

3. And once again in my personal opinion to give an answer on what is the best Zelda game out there; just name your favorite because what it comes down too is your experience with that particular title. Everyone has different tastes.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    I just have to go with The Wind Waker. That game was amazingly gorgeous from start to finish.

Salamence!

^^^^Caramelldansen^^^^
    Years
    I would have to say Ocarina of Time. I loved it for its game play, soundtrack, characters, bosses, weapons, and everything!

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    Ocarina, definitely. Even today, the game still has the most classic Zelda charm and really sucks you into the world, with so much to do and see. I just finished doing a 100% playthrough a month or two ago (my third playthrough in total) and I honestly got into it more this time than I ever did before.

TWW was good, but it felt a bit rushed towards the end - it needed more dungeons and some of the dungeons just didn't live up to potential. TP tried too hard to be OoT again but it just didn't work - it dragged a lot, felt rushed, and lacked the polish of past Zeldas. Still a great game though.

MM was okay, I really liked the darker storyline. Not a big fan of the save/time system. And ALttP just lacked any real charm to me when I played it - I guess it's because I played it later on, but I just didn't like the plot or the world itself that much.

Back