• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who do you is the best starter pokemon

Who is the best starter

• Total voters

Giratinarules

Pokemon Champion
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Oct 5, 2012
    Who is the best starter of these
    Feraligator
    Typhlosion
    Meganium

My choise:Look at my signature

Years
    I'd say Cindaquil.
    It may be a lil' bit hard for the first 2/3 gyms, but after that it starts to get pretty easy. Cindaquil's last evoloution (Typhlosion) is a badass one and it may make the league quite simple at that.
    Fire moves are way powerful, ya' know? ;D

This is just an opinion. It doesn't mean, Cindaquil is ACTUALLY the best starter. I just said it by proper experience.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I usually go with Chikorita, as there are so few grass types worth catching.

Years
    I've read somewhere that Cyndaquil was for beginners (because it can beat the most gyms), Tododile was for intermediate, and Chikorita was for advanced players who would like a challenge.

They are all awesome. It's so hard to choose. Chikorita was the first Pokemon I've ever had. Tododile and Cyndaquil are cute, too, but I didn't really like Croconaw.

Feraligatr can learn Ice moves (to defeat Meganium) and Water moves (to defeat Typhlosion.)

However, Typhlosion can learn Fire moves (to defeat Meganium) and ThunderPunch (to defeat Feraligatr.)

Meganium can use Grass moves against Feraligatr, but it can also learn EARTHQUAKE and use it on Typhlosion.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2009
    i could have swarn it was

Cyndaquil
    totadile
    Chicorita

but yea Cyndaquil owns

best starters for pokemon i found

R/B - Bulbasaur
    S/G/C - Cyndaquil
    R/S - Mudkip
    D/P/P - Piplup

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    Probably Cyndaquil because it does well against most gym leaders and it has much more of an advantage than the other two pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    awesome moveset for Typhlosion i use

Flamethrower
    Thunderpunch
    Earthquake
    Shadow Claw / Aerial Ace/ SolarBeam

i use shadow claw, it helps more than the other two

King of Dragons

Hail the king of Dragons!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2011
    For this game Cyndaquil is the best starter.

In the other ones, I pick the Water type starter.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    None, because neither of those are starters. Their pre-evolutions are, though.
    (it's OK, I get the point)
    The one I think is best of those mentioned is Typhloison, if you're going that way.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    It's all a matter of opinion when it comes to the Johto starters as none of them gain a secondary type, and you can find at least one other decent Grass, Fire, and Water-type before the second gym.

Personally, I like Cyndaquil for Typhlosion's design more than anything. :P

Years
    What is this with everyone voting for the Cyndaquil line? The Totodile line is clearly superior to every other starter line ever.

Back