• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Who Do You Think Is Strongest Legendary Pokemon

Strongest Legendary

• Mew

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Mewtwo

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Lugia

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Ho-oh

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Celebi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Latias

• Latios

• Rayquaza

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Jirachi

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Well they're all ubars (assuming the Eons are getting soul dew just to reach the stats of the other ubars besides poor Jirachi who's just useless). Throw on them just basic sweeping moves and you win with brutally high stats already.

Kurai Osoro

The DarkFire Hacker
    Years
    Rayquaza is the best legendary. He can learn some pretty good moves for Dragon and Flying type. And he leanrs Fly by himself. That's an advantage.

And he looks really cool. =)

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Having Fly is a disadvantage that can be easily countered...

Rayquaza uses Fly. You miss. No biggie, I'll just switch to something that can resist Flying moves, or even increase my attack or defence stats to survive. Of course, there are enough moves that can hit a Flying Pokemon, the most powerful being Thunder of course, which is enough to make a dent even in Rayquaza.

The same goes for moves like Bounce, Dig and Dive. All of these moves give your opponent a free turn to do whatever, switch to something appropriate, boost stats or set up combos like Endure + Reversal.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Eh, my Rayza is my Fly slave. I don't have much use for dragons that can get pwned by Snorunts. Mewtwo gets pwned easily by Ninjask. Same goes for Deoxys FR.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    not anymore... extremespeed from Deoxys FR > Ninjask.

And whoever think that Mewtwo can overcome Ninjask speed to ice beam Ninjask before silver wind is also, stupid.

Rayquaza can OHKO Snorunt before it can ice beam though ;p

Ice demon

All purpose cleaner ^^
    Years
    Well anyone of the tier one pokes / soul dewing lati@s /Kyroge

but IMO lugia with its high defenses and pressure and recover and aeroblast really sucks.................

I would give Rayquazza some credit though
    i mean it has a 4x weakness but with high offensive stats + sp he can really devastate a team even one with ice beamers........
    save kyroge that is.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    the problem with Rayquaza is that its so defenseless against ice beam that the chance of pulling off anything more than one dragon dance is extremely slim x_x; as it doesn't have much resistance/defensive abilities either... all good dragon dancers have a x4 weakness, but at least Salamence has intimidate to hold off some physical sweepers. Dragonite has many supportive moves like thunder wave. Tyranitar got plenty of type resistance and can survive super effective attacks (except fighting) with quite a bit of ease. Rayquaza doesn't have any of these properties even though it receives the most benefit from Dragon dance compare to everyone else x_x;

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I like jirachi! It's awesomly strong. Hardly ever faints in Colosseum.

It really has killer moves with psychic and thunderbolt + some other move, it can grab an advantage over almost anything. And the steel type adds so much..,,

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2005
    Mew having the DNA of all the pokemon doesn't seem to affect the game... Mew has two great advantages:
    1) His total stats are pretty high, plus all his stats are evenly distributed.
    2)He can learn all the TM and HM moves.
    That also means he can be trained in many types roles. Sometimes, he's strategy is near unpredictable or unexpected.

Something I noticed long ago that doesn't make me kinda happy... Most decent Ice Beamers (Dewgong, Articuno, Suicune, etc) have average to low speed, thus giving Dragons a one-turn advantage. In a one-on-one fight, it may not be much of a huge advantage, but it amplifies in team battles, where BPers are around. Then again, (if I'm not wrong) all ubers except Mew (GSC glitch) and Celebi can't learn BP.

Back