• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who Else Thinks That Pokemon Anime Sucks

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 27, 2011
    Pshaw. If you don't like it, it's fine. I love this anime. I don't care how repetitive it gets with the formula. I enjoy the happy moments, the sad moments, the crazy moments, sometimes even the shippy moments. This show heavily influences me. (which may be a baaad thing. XD) It got me into my first video game ever. It got me in the crowd during its time (although I dind't care too much for popularity or whatsoever). It got me into drawing, which is a hobby I've been practicing for a long time. It even got me into Japanese music.

Satoshi is my role model, and always has been since 3rd grade. He always reminds me to never give up, however cheesy that may sound. If I make a mistake, I know he has made mistakes too. If I'm going through hard times, I remember he has to go through hard times, too. Not to mention various episodes teach important lessons. Some may be harder to find than others. Because of that, I try to find morals of any movie.

[SIDE NOTE: I thought Robots was a pretty lame movie, but I thought the moral was pretty important. It doens't matter if you're dirt poor, if you've got people who support your goals, that's enough to take you far.]

So Pokemon is pretty important to me. Even though it's been running for a very, very, long time, I will be really sad to see it go. Alas, all things must come to an end. But my fandom won't. I'll relive it in my own creativity. FANART. FAN COMICS. YAY. XD

To sum it up, I adore Pokemon's simple formula. No real corruptions going on like some are happening in our world. XD It makes me happy. Yes, it's a very simplistic reason. But I can't help but love it when Satoshi does something great or funny. The characters have gone a long way, and I think the newer seasons put a bit more humor into their stressful (stressless?) travel across the continents. But if you look at it another way, most anime series get repetitive anyway.

[ANOTHER SIDE NOTE: I also enjoy One Piece, which I find to be also a bit repetitive. I mean, nobody really dies, no matter what kind of life-threatening situation it is. XD]

I'd better stop now. I'm not making any sense to anyone, I believe.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    Oh no. I'm not even going to take this so seriously. I may not enjoy or have interest in the Pokémon animé as many people do out there, but I certainly don't think it "sucks," whatever that's supposed to mean. Really ... I don't suggest using the word "sucks" or any other synonym of it if you want to be taken seriously, hon'.

obelisk-kun

GO HINATA KICK NEJI'S ASS!!!!!
    Years
    adeebsworld said:
    I know i'm gonna get a lot of bad feedback for this but i hate the show
    for one thing pikachu is his strongest pokemon when he has a charizard and snorlax etc.
    its also very corny
    but hey thats just my opinion PLEASE POST A REPLY IF U AGREE WITH ME OR NOT!
    I'm neutral on this cause I used to like it but the new episodes aren't that good It was perfect when they just had ash brock and misty they made a great trio but then the writers screwed that up. also howecome tr don't have their awesome costumes anymore they never dress up like they used to and all the culture is sucked out of it now. so I guess I sort of hate it.

Kitori_theTeamAquaSuicune

Aqua Snagger Kitori
    Years
    Hmmmmmm....
    My answer on this one's a little iffy...
    If you're talking about the Indigo Leagues, then no, I dont agree.
    Other than that, I agree. It kinda got ridiculous after a that.

At least the Indigo Leaugue had a good plot line for a childrens anime.

And I think the anime is better if it isnt the dubbed style. Dubbies suck by the bunch. In fact, dont get me started about the dubbies.

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
    adeebsworld said:
    I know i'm gonna get a lot of bad feedback for this but i hate the show
    for one thing pikachu is his strongest pokemon when he has a charizard and snorlax etc.
    its also very corny
    but hey thats just my opinion PLEASE POST A REPLY IF U AGREE WITH ME OR NOT!

Hey, I'm sorry to say this, but will someone close this thread??!! If you don't like Pokemon, why on earth did you even join this community?? I'm sorry, but it just boils my blood to hear people say they don't like Pokemon anime and then post such negative stuff on the forum.

Sorry if I got too carried away.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    miyo said:
    Hey, I'm sorry to say this, but will someone close this thread??!! If you don't like Pokemon, why on earth did you even join this community?? I'm sorry, but it just boils my blood to hear people say they don't like Pokemon anime and then post such negative stuff on the forum.

I second this. And I think Light_Azumarill will third it, so that should be enough support.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    miyo said:

They never mentioned anything about not liking all Pokémon in general, just the anime show. You can still enjoy collecting the cards, playing the video games, and even reading the comics/manga and still not watch the anime. Even I do so, but I don't find the show very interesting.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Darku said:
    They never mentioned anything about not liking all Pokémon in general, just the anime show. You can still enjoy collecting the cards, playing the video games, and even reading the comics/manga and still not watch the anime. Even I do so, but I don't find the show very interesting.

Ok, that's fine, but this thread was posted in the TV Show sub-forum, which is for people who LIKE THE ANIME. Can't you see how...unfitting it is?

obelisk-kun: No, it's not spam, but it's inappropriate to the subforum (see above).

Water Pokemon Master

Water Pokemon Enthusiast
    Years
    If they brought Misty back, got rid of the psycho siblings, redid the kiddy animation...I'd totally go back to the Anime.

obelisk-kun said:
    also howecome tr don't have their awesome costumes anymore they never dress up like they used to and all the culture is sucked out of it now. so I guess I sort of hate it.
    Yes! That's a perfect statement, they totally sucked the culture out of the anime!
    And, your post of TR reminded me...
    Team Rocket used to ROCK...they had cool substories and they felt like real characters that you cared about (For example, when James went home and had to marry that chick, but Jesse saved him, and they had that little look...)
    But now, they're so cut and dry, you know? No flavor at all...

Plateface

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2007
    Plateface the Troll has entered.

Pokemon is crap.

I expect so much flaming.

i mean the show is.

Years
    Water Pokemon Master said:
    If they brought Misty back, got rid of the psycho siblings, redid the kiddy animation...I'd totally go back to the Anime.

I agree or at the least they get rid of Max the really boring character :sleeping: and brought Misty back then i would start to watch pokemon all the time like i used to

Back