• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who is better?

Who is Better

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2007
    Robert0427 said:
    I like Misty the best because of the reasons Crystal Clair mentioned and plus if anyone ticks her off she gets back at them either using a powerful KO punch or the lucky mallet she carries around in her bag :laugh:

I've actually grown to like May as well and she'd be more of a better character if her little brother Max didnt tag along

I agree, i really dislike her brother max, also i wish he would get a pokemon of his own sometimes... if he hasn't already.

Tsugaru

Twilight
    Years
    Misty over May any time..I dont like May,She isnt as fun and she doesn't meet the anime girl requirements IMO

Chelc

Years
    I guess someone's gotta stick up for May...

Misty had her moments of maturity. As for May she never has them, so I'd say I like Misty better.

Huh? May has had tons of character development throughout all of AG.

May was just a way to throw pokemon contests into the anime.
    Misty was an actual character, not just a minor annoyance to distract from the repetitive gym battles of the anime.

Sure it was for advertisement, but if you look at it, basically the whole show is advertisement for the games/whatnot.

How are contests *minor* annoyances? They're like, half of the show. Just like Ash's Gym/Frontier Battles are. May's a main character, so you gotta expect contests in the show, it's her goal/whatever to become top coordinator. :P If Misty was participating in contests, would you think differently? j/w

She isnt as fun and she doesn't meet the anime girl requirements IMO

O_O; She seems like a lot of fun in her ending. Misty holding onto Togepi and sitting in the background is more than fun than competing in Contests? :/ Sorry, sorry...*shot*

Bleh, I fail at debating. x_x; [/tried]

Anyway, May > Misty for me. I've come to realize that Misty may never return to the main cast again, and I'm not going to sit/wait/hold onto nostalgia/etc for that to happen. At first, all May was to me was "Misty's replacement," or "in the way of Pokeshipping." It took a loooooong time for me to grow out of this phase, but after actually watching contest episodes, I realized she was a pretty awesome character. She eventually grew on me, and now, she's tied with Ash as my favourite [main] character. XD; I also really love the fact there's a main girl character in Pokemon. So, there you go. There's probably more, but I really don't know/care right now. o_o; [/end]

Last edited:

Sweet May

Custom avvie coming soon...
    Years
    Bugsy said:
    Misty over May any time..I dont like May,She isnt as fun and she doesn't meet the anime girl requirements IMO
    Really? Then what are the anime girl requirements in your dictionary?

Both girls are special in their own ways. If I had to choose who's better, it would be Haruka because she has a fun character. Kasumi's a fun character as well, but just not as important to just traveling and walking around with a egg Pokemon in her hands. Like Chelc said, Haruka has a goal and Kasumi doesn't.

I've actually grown to like May as well and she'd be more of a better character if her little brother Max didnt tag along
    What does Masato have to do with Haruka's character? They're siblings. Does having a sibling turn off characters? Could say the same for Kasumi's 3 sisters. And tagging along wouldn't help either. Again, Masato just comes because he loves to examine new Pokemon. It may be a while before he gets one on his own, but he's just enjoying sightseeing Pokemon.

Misty dominates! She is over may in all things, and if she went to coordination, she has been a pokemon trainer so long, she would easily win! Plus, being a girl, she wouldn't have to practice long to catch up to good coordinators, like drew.
    Only reason why Haruka doesn't win to coordinators like Shuu is because they're stronger. And what if Shuu/Harley/Saori/Robert/insert strong coordinator here were stronger than Kasumi? What would you say then? It took a long time for Satoshi to beat Shigeru and yet not people like Tetsuya? I also don't see how Kasumi has been a good battler. She hasn't been in a lot of battles [correct me if I'm wrong] as much as Haruka did. And even if Haruka won a lot of them, it doesn't prove she's a stronger trainer than Kasumi.

I stink at debates but oh wells. xP

Guest123_x1

Misty was the first anime girl I ever had a crush on. That was several years ago already...

mistywishmaker

such a thing as f o r e v e r
    Years
    Another one of these threads... I hope it doesn't turn out into another war.

Misty was the first anime girl I ever had a crush on. That was several years ago already...

Good to know that there are still fans out there, even though Misty's been gone for two or more years.

I voted for Misty. No, it's not because I dislike May or anything =O Trust me. I think this thread should be renamed "Which character do you like?" rather than who is better. No one's better than ANYONE. But I voted Mist because I like her character. And seeing so many Misty fans even after she leaves the cast with little hope of returning, I say that Misty's character was not as bad as everyone puts her down for.

Charizard EX

Charizard EX
    Years
    Hey,If i voted for misty, But That doesn't mean I like neithermisty nor may. I only created this thread for my sister because she isn't allowed to use computer, She always say Misty is Better, May has this, may has this and "khabees nai Misty ki jaga lay li"=translation="That Idiot stole Misty's Place"

I hate them both very much!!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back