• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who should I replace with Dratini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    I have a Dratini but I want to replace it because it has a quiet nature, which is bad. Should I keep training it or drop it? If so who should I get for my flying type?

(I don't want Noctowl or Pidgeot)

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Togekiss proved to be a very nice additon to my team. With a nice moveset and really good learnable TM's he worked out nicley. I did have to trade over a Shiny Stone from Diamond though.

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
  • What's wrong with a Quiet nature? It helps Sp.Atk, but not Spd, but I don't see that as being too much of a problem as, if I remember correctly, Dragonite doesn't have a particularly high speed anyway. I would keep the Dratini and continue to train it, but it would also depend on what ever else you have on your team. What else is on your team?

This also should have been asked in the HG/SS Help Thread.

CrashSmAshley

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • I would keep training it. Quiet nature or not, Dratini will eventually become very powerful. As for a flying type, why not go with Spearow or Murkrow?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Definitely keep a Quiet Dratini! It is actually a great Nature since it won't miss the -Spd. You want the +SAtk to go along with its high Atk. PLEASE don't give it Fly though. Its a bad bad choice. Give it Aerial Ace instead.

As for a Flying-type, I would highly suggest Dodrio. It has the highest Atk and Spd and the best Flying move in Drill Peck.

fleek

Fleekinator
    Years
  • Crobats are surprisingly really good, I needed a Poison and a Flying so I got one and I haven't regretted it. Also I highly recommend getting a BUG type pokemon, in this game they're VERY helpful.

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
  • With the Dratini being of a Quiet nature, if you can get it's Sp.Atk up high enough, you could possibly use it to replace either a Fire or Water type, it just depends on what you would prefer.

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    Thanks guys, my current team is in my signature. I think I'll keep the Dratini and keep get it up to a Dragonite :)

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • When it comes to in-game teams, you can choose to use whatever you like regardless of nature. In the end it'll all work out well against the Elite and Champion as long as you trained to a high enough level to take them on. Though, it seems your question has been pretty much answered on Dratini, so just going to close now.

But like said, please use the HG/SS Help Thread for questions. :]

Closed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back