• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who thinks Celebi will be catchable this time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Everyone is guessing for Wi-fi events, so i agree, but i'm guessing a little more:

-maybe it'll be a event only if you do something(like getting a special item, making a puzzle, etc)

-Maybe we can only do it when we beat elite four and lance (Example: a old sir that lived in johto once found a mysterious Golden ballwhen he was young in ilex forest . much time later, he moved to celadon city. when you do the event, you get something that makes him give you the GS ball, Then you know the twist.)

-What about the lv? lv30? 50? 100? 5?

thats all i could think, if i said something stupid, don't hesitate in telling me :)

that'sa cool thought to make Celebi after E4 event which is most likely right. As far as what Level it will be Probably LV 30 most of the "cute" legendary pokes are LV 30 ex(Flower Paradise Shaymin, most of the Jirachi events)

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • Faraway Island Mew was also level 30, and the original Celebi was 30, but most Jirachi events were 5. But I think 30 is a pretty safe bet. Honestly, I'm betting on it being very similar to the GS event, but I think it'll only be available after the Elite Four, Kanto, and any other applicable side-quests are done (for example, if they include the Sevii Islands or another new non-battle-frontier area)

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Faraway Island Mew was also level 30, and the original Celebi was 30, but most Jirachi events were 5. But I think 30 is a pretty safe bet. Honestly, I'm betting on it being very similar to the GS event, but I think it'll only be available after the Elite Four, Kanto, and any other applicable side-quests are done (for example, if they include the Sevii Islands or another new non-battle-frontier area)

Level 30 does seem like the most probable level. I would only suggest it to be level 50 if it was given away like the Shaymin event near the opening of the 11th movie. However, seeing as though my opinion lurks to having the event similar to the GS Ball plot from Crystal, I'd have to say level 30 would be the best bet.

However, I don't think it'll matter when we catch it. The reason why is because if the event is held at a certain time over Wi-Fi, then it isn't sure if anyone will be finished with the game by then. Not to mention, these events only last for a certain time frame. Also, when you look at the Rotom Key event, it was at any time during game play. Not to forget, seeing as though Celebi is part of the Johto Dex it is probably going to be available no matter how far you are through the game. Though, it is more than likely you'll at least need to have obtained the PokéDex for the most part.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • Well, they could give out the item over wifi (without restrictions) but not let you activate it until a certain point in the game like the Members' Card. If it was just Celebi itself given out, there haven't really been restrictions on gift Pokemon as of yet, but if it's catchable ingame I don't think they'll give it to you at any time. Plus, if it's still in the Ilex Forest, your team could very well not even be able to weaken it at that point, even at level 30, because iirc the Gym Leader was only like... level 18ish. 30 is much higher and could be too high unless you level-grind like crazy.

NatureKeeper

1- Celebi is obtained via Nintendo WFC, at lv.50
    2- Mew is obtained via Pal Parking Emerald, at lv.30+
    3- Jirachi needs to be Pal Parked from RSE at lv.5+

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
    Years
  • I hope it is in-game and not a event cause some don't live in america where like every second shop has wifi. I want Celebi to have story behind it

Setting_Sun

The cake is NOT a lie.
    Years
  • I highly doubt Celebi will be a game event, however I could see the PokeWalker leading to some sort of GSBall find IF items are in it. If the PokeWalker would distribute the GSBall due to number of steps, it'd be incredibly easy to get and a waste of an event, but if it was a random encounter with a find rate of Pokerus or a Shiny Pokemon, the PokeWalker would have some use. Besides that (or a normal event,) I can't see Celebi being catchable. That's acceptable though, since Celebi seems the hardest pokemon to get at the moment and it deserves to stay that way. Mew's still pretty rare, but Ranch could yield Mew.

Jirachi events are at level 5, in my opinion, because of Jirachi's backplot. It comes only once every few thousand years, and it's in a deep slumber until then. Pokemon have got to be at least a bit weakened if they're woken up after such a long slumber, and if it's the "First awakening" like the games seem to make it (since it never returns to its slumber,) it's weak. Level 5. It works.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Having the GS Ball as a hidden item within the PokéWalker can actually work for obtaining Celebi. However, for it to be obtained outside Japan as well, besides Global Trade], then the PokéWalker will need to be shipped outside as a bundle for the other versions of the game as well for the other countries. In which, this information of whether or not it'll be outside of Japan is unknown. Personally though, we already have one event dealing with the PokéWalker and that is the "Edge of the Night Sky" location. This is revealed when Jirachi is sent over to the PokéWalker.

So, for me I would rather the Celebi be held as a Wi-Fi event for the GS Ball. The reason being is because it'll keep more of the original plot for obtaining Celebi in the remakes like how it was done with Crystal. Not to mention, I think having ht eGS Ball for the Celebi event held through Wi-Fi will be a lot easier for people as not everyone will be guaranteed to have the PokéWalker. As when it comes to Wi-Fi, you can at least find a local store near you who has it for free [I.E McDonalds]. However, either way is fine with me, but I would only hope the PokéWalker is extended outside of Japan so others can obtain it as well.

LinK93

Translator/Beta tester
    Years
  • well...in the gsc it was needed a cheat code to see Celebi by event, in rby it was the mew trick,yet.... on fr/lg it was needed a ticket trough a wi-fi thinghymagic to see mew,... now it will probably be the same thing...

Aine

♫ ✰ queen's ★ knight ✰ ♫
    Years
  • Probably a wifi event involving the GS Ball. It'll probably be around level 30.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back