• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who wants to help me? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2010
    I honestly don't know if this has been covered somewhere, so if it has, please just direct me to it! Thank you!

Anyway, I just joined this site, (if you couldn't notice xD), but I'm in need for some assistance please!(:

ANYWAY, the question is ::

I wanna know how to hack LeafGreen so that I don't need to go inside Prof. Oaks lab to get my first Pokemon. I mean, I don't want to have the player have to get stopped by Oak, then go back to Oaks lab, then battle Red (Green/Blue/Gary), or pick one of three or anything like that... I just want the player to receive one Pokemon and get on his/her merry way...

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    Hai ya and welcome ~

Hm, perhaps your answer can be found in the Hacking Tutorials thread~

Well it has a variety of tutorials of scripting, hopefully it'll has the one your looking for~ But eh. I'm not much of a ROM expert. ^^; Um, but you know, you could of just asked this in the new users hangout thread...just sayin'. ^^;

But yeah, welcome anyhow, hope this helps.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2010
    Ugh, more work. xD
    But anyway, thanks to both of you~!
    I know the very most basic about scripting, but it's not enough, I guess. Lol.
    Well, anyway. Thanks yuh.

Peace~

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    All that requires is just taking out that event, and replacing it with a simple "Give Pokémon" script. It's one of the first things you learn when you start tackling scripting, so your best bet would be to check out those tutorials everyone has been linking you to. I'm sure there's more than one on beginner scripting.

Once you try if for yourself and you need further assistance, try asking your question over in the Simple Questions thread. :D The people who frequent said thread are muuuuuuuch more learned than we are and will be able to help you out sooo much more.

Since this is really just a ROM hacking question, I'm gonna go ahead and close this thread up.
    Um, but you know, you could of just asked this in the new users hangout thread...just sayin'. ^^;

But yeah, welcome anyhow, hope this helps.
    I know you've kinda been kinda taking over the New User's Hangout and all here lately, but please, don't suggest that... that's not what that thread is for. :x New members are welcome to ask simple questions, yes, but that's a very specific question, and it's best to ask such a thing in the proper place. Please consult me if you're unsure what is and is not acceptable in the New User's Hangout. Next time try to just report this thread too, okay? >:

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back