• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who was your Favorite Protagonist (In Design)

Whose Your Favorite Protagonist

• Lucas (DPPt)

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Dawn (DPPt)

• Ethan (HGSS)

• Lyra (HGSS)

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    Definitely Ethan for me. He just looks so cool. Out of the DPPt ones I preferred Dawn to Larry, which is a first 'cause normally I don't like the females protags. But yeah, Ethan's actually my favourite protagonist of all time I think.

Years
    I would have to go with Ethan as well, even if just because he looks the most normal. I really don't care much for Lyra/Lucas' outfits, and while Dawn's D/P outfit was alright, her snowcoat-dress thing doesn't make much sense. While I think Ethan would have looked better with just regular shorts, overall he was still my favorite of the 4.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2012
    I liked Ethan, but as for overall design I still liked Red from HeartGold haha

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Dawn's D/P design, followed closely by her Pt design. Lyra's overalls and big hat just didn't appeal to me, and the other two, well... the male protagonists never really appealed to me.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    I really like Lucas's design from Platinum. He looked classy.

The others I don't care for too much, I think the HG/SS protagonists were goofy looking and Dawn's outfits were just way too pink for my tastes.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
    While I loved Dawn's design in all of the games she were in, I think I'd have to say Ethan. Gold is probably one of my favourite protagonists yet, and since Ethan and Gold are pretty much the same person, I guess it just spills over. He also has my favourite outfit of the four, as I don't like Lucas' hat at all, which kinda means much since the head is most of what we see of the character in the games, and I don't really like Lyra's outfit at all, where it just comes down to Dawn and Ethan, where I guess I just preferred Ethan's outfit.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
    While I loved Dawn's design in all of the games she were in, I think I'd have to say Ethan. Gold is probably one of my favourite protagonists yet, and since Ethan and Gold are pretty much the same person, I guess it just spills over. He also has my favourite outfit of the four, as I don't like Lucas' hat at all, which kinda means much since the head is most of what we see of the character in the games, and I don't really like Lyra's outfit at all, where it just comes down to Dawn and Ethan, where I guess I just preferred Ethan's outfit.

Finally someone agrees that Lucas' hat was retarded. :D

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    The HG/SS protagonists look bland. I know they're trying to match as close as possible the old designs of these characters, but they looked so old-fashioned compared to the styles of Lucas and Dawn. Between Lucas and Dawn, however, I think I'd have to go with Dawn's style. It looks the most modern.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2020
    Ethan's design is the best IMO because he looks average.

Dawn's design is the best of all females so far.

Back