• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who Was Your Worst Teacher?

Throat

Oldschool pokemon
Years
  • There was a chemistry teacher that would only sit there and stare at us, since there were many students that liked it, no problems for him. But I've never had many teachers I didn't like at all due to personality. I even miss some of my old teachers, there were people that taught the ones up to hear more than the school content, I had a great relationship with them during the time.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    XD Good stuff so far guys. :)

I can see my school life wasn't the only bad one.

~MasterMind~

⌊C u r i o s i t y ♫ ♥⌉
    Years
  • I had this one Calculas teacher last year. She had to be the worst teacher i've ever had, or she just plain hated me. :P

I was that troublemaker, yet only she would act upon it. XD

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • I'd have to say my Maths teacher for 2 years. Worst experience xD It was fun because we drove her mad, she got out of the class and walked round the homebase once lol. Anyway, I failed maths because of her =[

chanchimi

With a Side of Cheddar
    Years
  • My geometry teacher.

She was terrible! You couldn't ever understand a word she said, and her handwriting was so bad, I couldn't take any notes! (I needed those notes, too! I'm horrible in math!)

The worst part was when I asked her for help on a problem, and when I couldn't get it right the first time, she said "You can't do this. Do you have anyone who can help you?"
    She's the teacher! She's supposed to help me! And when I was retaking a test in her class after school, she was talking about GEOGRAPHY to another student while I was trying to get help from her! Ahh! I managed to leave her class for the second semester for a teacher with an eye-patch who gave me good scores even when I didn't do too well. xD

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • Probably a relief teacher we had for a few weeks. Her name was Ms. Flowers, and she yelled at us for asking questions or for help. :D

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
  • My 9th grade algebra teacher. The woman would just stand at her desk and lecture, which you can't really do with algebra. Questions weren't allowed, and it was basically impossible to follow what she said because she spoke incredibly quick.

I got through that class with a 32. Unsurprisingly, everyone in her class met up at summer school.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    The deputy headmistress at my primary school. We constantly fell into arguments over almost everything, her personality annoyed me greatly. She could never be wrong, or though it was rare for her to be otherwise. On my last day, I had a massive shouting match with her, which included lots of swearing and me very kindly letting her know what a... 'rude word' she was.

More recently, my explosive haired, Italian, ex-french teacher. French is a boring subject as it is without that bag of wasted air just blowing air at us. She just stood there, speaking in nothing but french and just expecting us to understand. From 3 years of French lessons, I have about 12 words to show for it, most of which i already knew. No one in my year took french as an option because of her, absolutely NO ONE.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • The deputy headmistress at my primary school. We constantly fell into arguments over almost everything, her personality annoyed me greatly. She could never be wrong, or though it was rare for her to be otherwise. On my last day, I had a massive shouting match with her, which included lots of swearing and me very kindly letting her know what a... 'rude word' she was.

Snaaap. Did you get away with that? I can barely get away with talking to a teacher on an equal level let alone doing something ACTUALLY rude like name calling. I know what you mean about the teachers always being right thing. I don't tolerate BS like that from teachers. If they try to stick me with the teacher's always right crud I take it to the administration. If it gets too bad or interferes with school itself, they get a lawsuit. Course, that's just because they're stupid enough to pretend they're right in front of my parents, generally, who won't have any of that.

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
  • I would like to say that I respect all of my teachers because they have all taught me something and I wouldn't be where I am now and I wouldn't know what I know now if it weren't for them, but cutting that speech short, I had at least two teachers who I can seriously needed improvement.

One was my Geometry teacher who never actually looked at anyone's homework. Someone turned in their English homework one day to prove this and they received it back with full points. I know some people would love to have a teacher who doesn't care about homework, but come on, I do homework because I want to practice and get better. If I put all the time and effort into it, I want someone to at least acknowledge it. He also called us his little scholars which was a joke because more than half of the class was failing. He would always talk about his personal life too which is okay sometimes, but then he wouldn't teach us what we needed to know.

And then there's an English teacher I regret to mention. She took far too long to grade papers. She didn't even read the poetry book (most of us) worked hard on and she assumed that whoever turned it in, did everything correctly and gave us full points. And when I mentioned how she took too long to grade, most of us never received most of our essays we wrote throughout the year. I had an essay on To Kill a Mockingbird at the beginning of the year and I had no idea how I did. She also played favorites, so if she liked you a lot, she would give you an A. Everyone else received a lower grade and we didn't even know why we got the grade.

Thankfully, I've been blessed with wonderful professors so far, so I don't need to talk about them here!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    My history teacher. >__>; Pain in the ass.

Pretty strict and uh; boyish. yeah. XD;

Kaminari

Future Pokemon Master ✗✗
    Years
  • Well, my math teacher from this/last year was at least half the reason I failed math. (She was even fired at the end of the school year. A lot of people failed)

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I know a P.E teacher at my school had a relationship with a student, but he never taught me so yeah... does that count? xD Yeah, he got fired. :\ I don't think I've ever had a horrible teacher, but at my school, we have effort grades, and some teachers have given me effort grades which I don't deserve. :L Apart from that, I've got lucky with teachers! :D

Years
  • The worst teacher that I ever had was my grade 10 math teacher. He had a thick Russian accent that was hard to understand, and he would never actually teach any material. He would usually just read out the summary in the textbook, and write the sample question from the book that already showed step-by-step instructions on the board. If anyone had any questions on the material, he would just tell you to look in your textbook for the answers. He would also show up at the beginning of the day about 5-10 minutes late, and would only mark homework based on "completion," but didn't actually look at it (someone handed in homework from a past unit, and still got perfect marks). At the end of the year, I was .3% away from getting an A, but he wouldn't even let me do extra-credit to bump up my mark. After the year was over, he ended up getting fired.

The worst thing that happened though was just this May when he was arrested by police outside an elementary after he was done teaching that day as a substitute. Apparently he was brought up on 9 different accounts of sexual exploitation and sexual assault of girls aged 6 to 7 from schools he had previously taught at even before coming to my school. His trial is coming up soon, and it looks like he'll be in prison for a minimum of 10 years.

So my teacher wasn't only bad at his job, he was a pedophile, too. :/

OMGitzzCourtney

Courtneyyy :D
    Years
  • My 9th grade science teacher. I almost failed 9th grade science because of his incapability to teach.
    First of all, he NEVER explained ANYTHING. All he did was sit there and make us take notes off of a 100 slide power point and expect us to take a 20 page test on it the next day. I can see how that would be acceptable in college or something but seriously, this isn't college and expecting us to make a rapid change from what we're used to isn't going to prepare us for college. He literally sat at his desk allllll day and stared miserably at the sink while we took notes for 84 minutes...I didn't learn ANYTHING last year because of him and I used to really like science until I had him as a teacher... x_x

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • evil miss.------ embarising me in front of studants in stupid voice don,t be late that,s written wrong put your uniform shirt blah blah blah blah then i care about you yea and y care about my unicorn corn tree raaaaaaaaaaaaaageeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee grrrrrrrrr rarage now my schole fired every single teacher but my favorite had to retire and one of my theacer was deaf students when she turned ----------------------------------------- and------------- and youra biger-------- poor theacher she was really really nice they werent

Based on this post, I would say that your English teacher has got to be worse than whoever it is you speak of...

As for me, just my old history teacher from 7th grade. The projects she gave could not be completed in a single day unless you did a terrible job. That might not sound bad, but when I say day, I mean a time period of 24 hours. Yeah, they were that excessive. What was worse was that even though there were only two of those projects all year, you didn't learn from them, they wasted your time, and then the grading was ridiculous (I got several points off because my use of scissors was not up to her standards since what I cut out wasn't straight enough >_>).

Luckily, that's about it. I've hated several other teachers but my issues with those classes were usually my fault instead of the teachers' haha.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • Mrs. McCoy, my third grade teacher way back when.

She always thought I was being "fresh" with her. You know when you can't hear somebody, and you ask "what?" in a raised voice indicating "speak that louder, please?"

I was helping a parent or something, while she was reading a story or whatnot to the rest of the class, and the parent said something, I asked "What?", but Mrs. McCoy, was like "OH MY GAWD, GET OUTSIDE"

And then she gave me a lecture about being "fresh" and the vice principal decided to show up and help in the lecture. DX

And another time, we were doing this writing thing, and the teacher was sharing them (without telling who they are from), and I got all excited because I recognized one from a friend, and she thought I was teasing it, so she said "WELL HOW WOULD YOU FEEL?! *mock voice on* NOW THIS IS HORRIBLE EXAMPLE BY JOEY"

I wonder if sh'e still teaching.

Ironically enough, one of my favorite teachers was the year after. XD

Jung

Sica please.
    Years
  • My 10th grade Science teacher was the worst. First term, I had this teacher who was a pretty awesome teacher, she made sure we made notes, made sure we understood. Until she had to leave because she was set to have a baby in like a few months. After that I got a few supply teachers which were alright, teaching chemistry was understandable. Until after the January exams, our new permanent replacement teacher was in. First of all, he couldn't speak properly in English. Second of all, he didn't teacher. He just said "Take down these notes.." He attempted to teach the class once, but he was really hard to understand. Especially when it was the final term, studying..Physics. So I was well above the 90s. Until he came and dropped me down to a 76. =/.

~Electrivire~

My Imaginary Friend Haz Issuez
    Years
  • My music teacher... He seemed nice at first, but then he calls kids bad names and talks about all 70 of his cows -_- Non of our other teachers don't believe us about the name calling.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • My 8th grade English teacher...

Not that everyone doesn't love fun, but she wasn't the least bit serious. We did the same type of book report every month. We didn't do ANY prep for the End Of Grade tests.

Out of the thirty kids in my class, only about seven passed with a three or higher.

I barely passed that class because I didn't want to do the same book reports every month...she passed me with a 73% at the end of the year and in my school district, you need a 70% or higher to pass. I originally had a 67% in that class...

Also, my chorus teacher. She was like, bi-polar or something. Whenever someone would say something, she would throw a fit and storm out of the school. She "quit" about ten times this year. But it was fun listening to her tell us stories about how her son tried to grow pot in the closet x3

Back