• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who's that Pokemon?

Citra La Magicienne

The Most Inconsistent Forum Poster
Years
This is a semi-collaborative Pokemon guessing game, similar to Squirtlenator's original 20 Questions thread, but with enough differences and a long enough time to be remade and have a name change to fit the new style better!

Essentially, one person will choose a Pokemon, and everyone else is on a mission to guess it as fast as possible, only being able to ask one yes-or-no question at a time. Once the Pokemon is guessed, the person who guessed it(or someone else if they don't want to) will choose another Pokemon and continue the cycle!

*If this seems like a lot, I'm sorry. It's a lot simpler than this wall makes it look, I promise. This is longer than necessary in an effort to make sure EVERYTHING is as clear as possible, as well as having some helpful information that you can come back to while playing.

There are, of course, proper rules as well:

0. All general PokeCommunity rules apply, however I'm making this rule zero because it is a very important reminder!!! This has always been a fun game with family and friends and I would love to play it with you guys as well.

1. All questions must be STRICTLY yes or no! This means all questions should have objective answers. (No "Would I like X?" or "Is X popular?")
In the case that someone does ask a subjective question, it's up to the picker if they want to give an answer.

2. Questions can't be number related- no weights/heights, stats or Pokedex numbers. This is to avoid it becoming a number focused game when this is supposed to be about the Pokemon!

3. Alternate forms are not allowed, unless they are one of those listed below, with no exception. If you pick a Pokemon that has forms not on this list, then you're not allowed to pick any specific form. (I.E. No Unown X, or Pokeball Vivillon, just Unown or Vivillon.)
Spoiler: Alternate Form Exceptions

4. The game will continue until the Pokemon is guessed, because I plan on trying to keep track of the longest and shortest time to guess. This is why I say it is semi-collaborative, because you can either try to pick a hard Pokemon and go for a long game, or try to pick an easy Pokemon for a quick game!
I'll be keeping score here of the shortest and longest guesses, as well as the picker and successful guesser of each one!

!! An important note to this rule and the entire game is that I please ask of you to not tell anyone what Pokemon you've picked anywhere else, since it would very quickly ruin this part of this game! I absolutely will not hesitate to nullify any Pokemon guess if I have reason to!!

5. You cannot ask a new question if the picker has not answered your previous one- however, MULTIPLE people are allowed to ask questions between the picker answering! This will hopefully make it not take as long in the case of a slow/unavailable picker, but comes with a trade-off in that EVERY question is counted toward the guess total for the shortest/longest game tally, even if it has already been answered!

6. As for pickers, you are required to answer any new questions between your last post and your current post. However, you are NOT required to put any questions answered before that in your post! This is another trade-off, where a helpful picker might put all the previous answers, while a mischievous picker might not!

Now, I'd like to give some kick-off points:
Pokemon Groups- these are some groups that have been allowed in games of this I've played, as well as the Pokemon in them. Whether you want to use them is up to you! For any Pokemon listed below that have forms, those forms are NOT considered to be part of that group. (I.E., Alolan Rattata is NOT a Regional Mammal)

Spoiler: Groups

Question Guide- these are just some simple attributes about a Pokemon that you might ask about, but are by no means the only things you can ask!
Spoiler: Possible Question Topics

Game Example- Here's an example of how a very small and boring round might go, with Mew as the chosen Pokemon:

Spoiler: Game Example

Finally, I know there's nothing yet, but here's hoping this sticks:

Shortest Guess- 10 Questions
Pokemon: Aria Forme Meloetta
Picker: Citra La Magicienne
Guesser: Alex_Among_Foxes

Longest Guess- 19 Questions
Pokemon: Volbeat
Picker: Alex_Among_Foxes
Guesser: Charcadet121

*If the current picker is inactive for more than 48 hours, then that game will become abandoned and anyone may start a new game at that time.

Anyway, I think that's everything, and to get it started, I've picked a Pokemon!

Last edited:

Citra La Magicienne

Years
This seems like a pretty fun game idea! Though I will say to make the return time for a picker be 48 hours at least, in the event a person forgets or is busy with life for a day. That said:

Is it from a Gen older than 4?
I was already thinking the 24 was too short, but I wasn't sure. def gonna change it now

No, it's 4 or newer!

It floats or flies and is dual typed... better check if it's part Flying type I guess.

Is it part Flying type ?

Nope! Not Flying type!

Years
Kinda thinking Psychic type now... though there are Pokemon that float/fly that aren't, like Golurk.

Was it introduced in a game prior to the Switch's Pokemon games?

Citra La Magicienne

Years
Is it a Mythical?
Uh oh. It is!

Kinda thinking Psychic type now... though there are Pokemon that float/fly that aren't, like Golurk.

Was it introduced in a game prior to the Switch's Pokemon games?
It was before the Switch games, yep!
(my only reminder so far that it's gen 4 or up, so 4, 5, 6, or 7 :wink:)

Years
A considerably more narrow pool, but there are still a couple options...
*stares at your avatar and wonders if Meloetta can fly/float...*

Is it part Psychic type?

Citra La Magicienne

Years
Let me guess. Is it Meloetta? :p
It is! (It's specifically Aria Forme, but a long with ReKoil's next question of Psychic that's basically it ;D)
A considerably more narrow pool, but there are still a couple options...
*stares at your avatar and wonders if Meloetta can fly/float...*

Is it part Psychic type?

This was after Alex's guess, but since it would've been yes, it being Aria Forme is a given. I am going to count it towards the questions though >;3

I picked one I hoped would be pretty easy to get us a bit familiar with how it'd work, hope it did for y'all!

The winner for this round is Alex, after 10 questions! Up to you if you wanna pick or let someone else-

Back