• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who's your partner?

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
  • I was unsatisfied with my Golem, Pebbles, so I picked up a Swinub on a whim in Ice Cave.

Little did I know, Snuffles the Mamoswine would become my favorite pokemon and defeat Lance for me! Snuffles is the pokemon Champ!

CrashSG32

PI...KA...CHUUUUUUU!!!!!! !!!!
    Years
  • I have one in Diamond:

My Infernape, he was the little Chimchar I got from the briefcase at the start if the game. I've trained him up, and now he's always in my team. He'd probably the strongest Pokemon I've trained myself, he was in my team while I played through Diamond...and he'd never left my team! He beat the Elite four several times... I don't know what I'd do without him! :D

Essentials

Lost in Thought
    Years
  • In Diamond, I chose Piplup from the briefcase thingy and since then Piplup and I became the best of friends. Literally. I'd take my DS with me everywhere, just so I can show everyone my beloved Piplup. I don't want Piplup to evolve, though, 'cause I like it just the way it is. Until now it hasn't evolved, but I've beaten every trainer I see. :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Dasada, but he's in White now.
    A certain Pidgeot remains in SoulSilver though; sassy-natured, even, but she brought Red down, from twenty levels under.

Zapperz

colour swapper!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    well in SS, mine was Lapras. The first one I got was from the GTS and I loved every bit of it. And in Platinum, it has to be my Umbreon.

Psycho Bugler

Jew Extrordinaire!
    Years
  • Hmm... Interesting.

I have four all time favorite Pokemon that I try to keep in my party all the time now. They're Arcanine (reminds me of my golden retriever, brother, and best friend), Luxray, Torterra, and Gradevoir. Arcanine is obviously my favorite one, though.

Years
  • I don't know if that 30-day limit on this thread has passed or what... oh well. My Infernape-FireTail has beaten pretty much all of the strongest trainers in Pearl/Platinum for me. I actually had to take him out to train other Pokemon like my Gallade-Sharpe and Gardevoir-Serene.

Halfcadence

Monocolorist
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2023
    In Platinum Gallade is my bro. He's just such a pivotal member of my team that I don't know what I'd do without him. Plus, the idea of a physical Psychic type always intrigued me, and Medicham just doesn't do it for me. Gallade's probably my favorite pokemon.

In HG Espeon really surprised me with how much of a BEAST he was. I never bothered with pokemon who evolved with happiness before this game because I thought it would be hard. When my Eevee evolved at like lvl 30 I just looked dumb lol. Espeon has been ruining other poke's days ever since.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I love the fabulous flying fossil that is Aerodactyl. In SoulSilver, I got me an Old Amber as soon as I could, but it was a shame that I had to wait until getting to Pewter City before finally unfossilizing it. After that, though, I had a game-long partner! :D

Years
  • Whoops, I forgot this was 4th gen discussion. Ever since I restarted Platinum, I'd have to say my Toxicroak holds a special place on my team. Not only is his design awesome, but his type (fighting/poison) is just completely cool in my opinion. I can't wait to use him to destroy Cynthia's Garchomp. That thing is a jerk.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2012
    In SoulSilver, I guess the closest thing would be my AMPHAROS, due to it being my highest level and generally most powerful Pokemon. A TYPHLOSION I traded over from my HeartGold is a close second.

In the original Gold, I had a very nice JYNX, which for some reason quickly became my favorite after I got it.

In the original Red, I had a Pikachu/Raichu named Shocker which was pretty much my #1 through the entire game.

AshenhartKrie

The Electrifying Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2012
    I always loved Luxray. i would always catch a Shinx and train it up. My partners are always Luxray and Riolu/Lucario. I do like Empoleon, but only becuase i always choose Piplup as a starter. I'm an electric type trainer mostly.

Frazzevous

Impulsive lil' kitty
    Years
  • In my Pearl, it was my Luxray; because I trained him more than my starter (Piplup), I considered him as my partner. In Heart Gold, it's Glameow; I traded one from my Pearl, and now she's the one following me everywhere. :3

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Marluxia is my Cherrim in Diamond. It took me a while to find him as a Cherubi in the honey trees, iirc, but once I caught him, he never left my party. (He was also the first Cherubi I found--I didn't have to purposefully search for a male one! :D) I got so attached to him even before I liked Cherrim and it's because of him that it's my favourite Pokemon. He was the first (and only) Pokemon I ever got to level 100 legitimately in the entire franchise. <3 I love him so much.

I quite like Ceriflor, my Cherrim from HeartGold, since she got a lot of character due to following me around everywhere and being spoken to every ten steps but... despite that, I didn't spend nearly as much time playing HG as I did Diamond. :x

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Well I wasn't really attached to anything in Pearl, but in HG it was definitely Ampharos, Ho-Oh or Typhlosion. They were my main Pokemon and Ampharos is adorable and reminded me of my now dead bird because it was loyal and stayed second and and ;; (yeah bird and sheep idk how that adds up). But ya, I enjoyed using them the most. :(

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2012
    My primary "partner" will always be Gardevoir. I can't count how many run-throughs of Emerald I've had with this one on my team. Naturally I used a Gallade when going through Platinum.

In Platinum, Gliscor was always my go-to and got me through the toughest moments (like a certain Champion's Garchomp, which I was woefully unprepared for even though I did well with the rest of the Elite Four).

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I always had Feraligatr as my partner, but that was because he was one of the only ones I had that was at least as big as me in overworld haha, thought that looked pretty cool.

Back