• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who's your partner?

NidoKingdra

Envy The Dead
Years
  • Charizard is my all time favorite...Level 100 one on both sapphire and diamond, and a shiny level 46 I'm training on soul silver.

However, I'd have to say...despite that, Charizard isn't usually the pokemon I'm closest to.

On Diamond, I have so many pokemon and I'm not really super attached to any of them. In this case, I think Charizard and Staraptor. Infernape is cool I guess, but he's far from my favorite. I also like Drapion quite a lot. (All of these are level 100... -.-)

Soul Silver is just the opposite. I've nicknamed every pokemon on that game(aside from ones traded over) and I like just about all of them. Sadly, I don't have the free time that I used to when I got diamond, but I have some 20 pokemon that I use on a regular basis, all of them at least level 40. My favorites though, are my Typhlosion Amber, my Lanturn Alec, Janna the Noctowl, Juniper the Jumpluff, and Tag the Togetic.
    As a few honorable mentions for SS... Saika the Mewtwo. This guy pretty much destroyed Red at level 70 just because I taught him earthquake. lol...
    Crimson, my Ho-Oh, basically is the reason I got through the pokemon league.

DarkAbsolX

Pokemon World Champion 50Times
    Years
  • Talking about nicknames..
    I'm not sure, but i think i still have my Arbok(!) on Soul silver wich nickname is "Rat Eater"..
    Lol, it was just for the fun, but it still true xD

DracoLatch

http://www.pokecommunity.com/s
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2022
    Who's your partner?
    Everyone has those Pokemon that just kind of latch on to your heart and stay there. I honestly have two. My Luxray in Diamond, and my Dragonair in Heartgold. And yes, my Dragonair was the Dratini I got from the Old man in the dragon lair. I took out a whole three days to train him up to par with my others, and I had to boot out my Ho-Oh. He has grown on me. Now that I have another team in the same game(more or less so I can choose the pokemon I like, not just what's on hand and will do the best), He was the one I chose to help my little dinky pokemon up until they can take care of themselves. He is always in the front of my party, and is the only Dratini I have that I've let evolve. So, who's your partner?
    Actully, I have that exact same feeling with 3 of my pokemon... But if you think about it, the games arent the only thing that grows in generation. First my Feralligator was like your Dragonair, but then I traded at a very young state on the game for a pikachu, which i trained and trained and trained and is now 94 Raichu. I got it when it was level 13. But though, you see there is a favorite pokemon but then sometimes you find a connection to another poke-mon. Sometimes when it was traded I like it more for reasons I don't know. But now, my main pokemon is actully Arceus, and I'm hoping I get my palkia to level up. I know exactly what you mean though. My Raichu was almost my heart and soul... besides my family, and my friends. Surprisingly my best friend plays and still plays pokemon with me, I have heart gold he has soul silver. The weird part about it is his name is Khris... and my name is Chris. lol.

Future Arceus

I hate my name
    Years
  • My one partner through Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart-Gold, and Soul-Silver would have to be Crobat!

I always got one on my team in each game. In HG and SS the pink coat on the shiny was pretty cool...

Crobat is always my Fly HM slave as well...always...

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
    Years
  • Oh man, where do I start. I was quite attached to my Typhlosion to begin with, then i opened up to Gyarados and later Lugia

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Years
  • My Umbreon in my HeartGold <3 Love him so much, he's also my favorite pokemon so it makes sense that he would be my partner.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • In Diamond I grew attached to my Gible which eventually evolved into a Garchomp later in the game. The reason mainly I think I became so attached to it, was because it took me soooo much effort and searching to find him (as a gible) in the cave under the bridge.

Heart Gold, defnitely my scyther/scizor, as I never owned a Scizor before, since I wasn't able to trade with anyone, but after my sister bough a DS and Soul Silver, I was able to gain access to Pokemon that wouldn't normally be able to evolve without trade. But yeah, he was my first traded-evo so to speak I ever owned, so he's a special one. <3

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2018
    My favorite Pokemon will always be my Leafeon for Fourth Gen. He's just my fallback guy, :)

I can't wait to get him when I finally get Diamond, :D

Chimcharguy

Chimchar Master
    Years
  • My awesome Infernape, he's gotten my out of a lot of bad situations with his speedy, powerful flare blitz. In Heartgold, my Raichu he was a terrible pichu I traded from my Diamond, I had to not let him level up before he evolved so he didn't miss the chance if Good moves but once he evolved into pikachu he was really fast then as a raichu he practically took down the whole elite four for my first time.

Back