• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Whose Sick of Ash's New Voice?

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    In Advanced, Veronica Taylor's Ash voice really started to annoying me. I don't know what it was, maybe because it sounded a bit too deep :/ But it didn't sound very good. When Sarah Natochenny started out as Ash, her voice was way too deep, but around the middle of DP it went a bit higher and sounds fine now. In terms of voice acting, it seems about the same now.

But out of all the Ash's, I pick Rika Matsumoto :P It's powerful and quite smooth sounding ^_^

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • When will people get over it?
    I don't have a problem with the new voice, it sounds as if hes starting to mature (we don't have the same voice for 10 years really while we are around ash's age now do we?) but then again, we really don't know how old Ash is now in the series.

:t354:TG

Rocker32703

Water/Flying/Eevee Trainer
    Years
  • Arg! I liked ALL of the older voice acting from 4Kids. It was, like, the only thing they didn't totally screw up. :p

Ash, well, I got used to it, but I liked the older one better.

May...I don't even know if there are words to describe it, but I just don't like the new voice actor for her. Older one seemed more mature and 'real'.

Max just plain sucks, nothing else to it. xD

Brock I haven't noticed a big difference in, but I still liked the older voice. This one I'm ok with.

And those are my opinions on the new voice actors.

xXI JOE IXx

Im tired of his new voice. Brock sounds like he ate sandpaperXD

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2021
    Cant stand it actually. Not only do I prefer the old voice but I cant actually bare the new one. I supose its more that they talk differently. Its subtle but it seems like the newer voice makes Ash sound like a 1-D character while sapping all his old energy. It certainly doesnt help that they cut some of the better points of pokemon out when making newer episodes. of course this is all my opinion but the new voices just dont cut it for me and because I cant stand to watch it I cant actually tell if they are 1-D characters or not.

Back