• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Why all the high bidding for a Pokémon in GTS

Xylitol

*Insert pun here*
    Years
    For the next generation, they need "wanted pokemon" filters.

That, and that you could search for what people want. Like if you had a spare Chimchar, you could search for people that want a Chimchar for their pokemon.

Yeah, it's really annoying when you're searching for something simple like an Aipom and everyone wants a Palkia. x_x

But I've also found many good deals with enough searching. ;)

Years
    Also people on GTS do this to get the evolved forms aswell like in this example:

Deposit = Haunter
    Seeking = Starly Lv100

Put Haunter up for trade using Pokémon Pearl then puting in there Pokémon Diamond with a hacked Lv100 Starly commit to trade then they have a Gengar which they have been looking for!

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2007
    Yeah, the thing that sucks about GTS is it has a search function made for morons, and so you cant even see all the reasonable trades, you just end up with everyone asking for insane stuff... I just really hope they fix the search function so we can at least see all the trades...

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
    That person is probably cloning. they need a rediculous pokemon in return so it doesnt get traded off. you find it in every pokemon you look for
    to teach cloners a lesson i usually give them the pokemon they look for XD

that's usually it, but some times I think they're serious. I check for a gible they wnat a mew. I chack like over a week later and the same guy is there offering a gible for a mew.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    ...how the hell could you make such a terrible mistake "accidentally?"

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2022
    For the next generation, they need "wanted pokemon" filters.

thats what i want also! it would make GTS better imo, lets say i have a Mismagius i dont want, instead of putting it up asking for something and hope someone finds my Mismagius. i can search for people that are looking for a mismagius and then i can pick the best offer. But then again i might only find poeple wanting a mismagius for there bidoofs or rattatas!

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
    ...how the hell could you make such a terrible mistake "accidentally?"

Yeah I mean c'mon who would be that desperate for a croagunk. Another reason I hate the GTS is becasue every one is so lazy.
    I see offers like this.
    Trading:Milotic lvl55
    want: Milotic lvl60+

What's w/ u people just lvl it up if u want the same guy.

shining-Celebi

♥Ashley♥
    Years
    I find the best weapon is offering not searching(although I've found some really good offers through searching).I got the starters early in the game thanks to stunky.And a wild lvl 51 roselia I caught in Fight Area I didn't need I offered for a Cherubi and got one. High level pokemon that not-so-far-in-the-game players have early access to(Roselia,Cranidos etc)
    go fast.

ihw666

Item Master!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2009
    i was so happy when someone was offering a shiny duskull for something that wasn't a lvl 9 and under Mew and i had what he wanted it was amazing.

Back