• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen why another fire-fighting starter?

Zet

Years
    but fire/fighters are King of the Jungle, they burn it down when they get no respect from other land pokemon. But seriously fire/fighters are pretty awesome and not much else you can do with a fire monkey

Hybrid Fury

#1 Fan of Misdreavus
    Years
    I personally prefer Blaziken over Infernape. Infernape could've been so much more. Like a type never before been thought of. Maybe even a ridiculous Fire/Poison thing could've occurred. Fire/Poison doesn't sound too bad. Fire/Psychic doesn't sound bad either. Or of course my favorite type... Ghost! Fire/Ghost!

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
    A starter will never be part ghost for one reason, all the moves you start with (Tackle, Scratch, Pound etc) will fail to hit, therefore it would be unfair and so I don't see a ghost starter.

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
    Blaziken was so much better than Infernape, better looking wise. I don't like Infernape too much, plus people use him too much.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2009
    I like Infernape, but do like Blaziken better, and I did think it was a bit silly to do the same thing two times in a row.

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2008
    I didn't really like it either; it felt too much like a clone of Blaziken at first.
    However, I have really grown very fond of my little Infernape and it's destructive power. :3
    a clone of blaziken isnt necesarilly a bad thing.
    he kicked butt

Years
    Blaziken was great as one of the first to use the Endure/Reversal combo with a Salac Berry attached. It was the ideal pokemon for this job, until Tyranitar was introduced with Sand Stream, at which point, the whole strategy was wrecked (until Lucario came along).

Infernape is different. Not only does it have access to superior moves, it also has the stats to complement them well. If one doesn't do something new, they should do something better. And Infernape is just that.

Back