• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why do Ash & comapny's pokemon evolve yet?

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2009
    Another thing i do not get is Why do Ash and all of the ppl on the journey with him, why dont there pokemon evolve yet?
    I mean Dawn's piplup hasnt evolved yet so does that mean its not level 16 yet?
    Ash's Chimchar hasnt evolved yet after all those battles, and + after all of Paul's training, so does that mean he is not level 14 yet?
    And more of there pokemon
    And it is already up to the journey to 7th gym in the anime

Years
    I mean Dawn's piplup hasnt evolved yet so does that mean its not level 16 yet?
    Ash's Chimchar hasnt evolved yet after all those battles, and + after all of Paul's training, so does that mean he is not level 14 yet?

Press the B Button.

But really, Pokemon can choose NOT to evolve when they reach a level. Bulbasuar fought as hard as he could because he didn't want to evolve, and viola, he did not.
    It doesn't mean they are not the level yet, and in the anime it's debatable if there are even levels.

Spoiler:

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Dawn's Piplup doesn't want to evolve, thats what most of it has to do with. They don't force their pokemon to evolve if they don't want to. It was also the case with Bulbasaur and company. When he could have became a Ivysaurwith all the other Bulbasaurs but refused to.

Ash~The Purifying Prince~

TLOTPP "Haunting Dreams" 77%
    Years
    Whats been said up top; Piplup chose not to evolve, its not the trainers that choose whether or not their Pokemon evolve; the Pokemon themselves get to make that choice in the Anime, I think Piplup is fine the way he is but thats just personally what I think xD.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    Pokemon in the anime chose to evolve or not when it's time, piplup refused, chimchar I believe did evolve tho

Personally I prefer evolved forms over the standard, :3 but that's just me.

But the anime likes to do the whole "i like you the way you are you can be strong if you just belieeevvvee" thing
    Like ever since pikachu ya know?

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2009
    ohh well, i didnt know it just seemed to me that its weird that they dont evolve, because i like the evos thats just me tho

Ayselipera

In the anime I don't think evolution is based on Levels, its just how experianced they are. They're are also times when pokemon evolve out of devotion for their trainers. Like when Charmeleon evolved into Charizard because Ash was being attack by a Aerodactyl.

*Charizard*

Velocity
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    As a lot of people have already stated is that the show does not really follow the games in terms of leveling up Pokemon for them to evolve. In the show Pokemon themselves really have the choice whether or not they want to evolve or not. This was shown in the first season of Pokemon when Bulbasaur decided not to evolve. So from this I think ash and the rest of the gang really just want to raise their Pokemon and learn there strengths and weaknesses rather then just evolving them.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    As a lot of people have already stated is that the show does not really follow the games in terms of leveling up Pokemon for them to evolve. In the show Pokemon themselves really have the choice whether or not they want to evolve or not. This was shown in the first season of Pokemon when Bulbasaur decided not to evolve. So from this I think ash and the rest of the gang really just want to raise their Pokemon and learn there strengths and weaknesses rather then just evolving them.

That's totally true but does any of you remember the episode in which ash and co meet a student?(A very old episode). In that episode, that school kid was being asked by his seniors: What level does pidgey evolve? and other such questions associated with levels. So what do you have to say about this?(If you can't remember the episode then its the episode in which all of Brock, James and Ash fall in love with a girl from the same school as the earlier student! Ash's pikachu also fights and wins against that girl's cubone in that episode.)

Johnny590

It's cute how you think I care
    Years
    The anime is inconsistant with that stuff. Perhaps Pikachu was far away enough from the stone to not evolve?

Yeah, it is very inconsistant. Usually the pokemon evolve when they want to or feel they need to. A lot also has to do with the trainer, because in some cases they force their pokemon to evolve and others just like them just as they are. Like Ash with Pikachu, Bayleef, Corphish, etc.

If there would be levels in the anime Ash's Pikachu probably is like the one in Gold and Silver, level 81 or something even higher....XD

That's totally true but does any of you remember the episode in which ash and co meet a student?(A very old episode). In that episode, that school kid was being asked by his seniors: What level does pidgey evolve? and other such questions associated with levels. So what do you have to say about this?(If you can't remember the episode then its the episode in which all of Brock, James and Ash fall in love with a girl from the same school as the earlier student! Ash's pikachu also fights and wins against that girl's cubone in that episode.)

Holy crap...I remember that episode. That one is VERY old.

Yeah, that girl used a Graveler which defeated Misty's Starmie really badly...and then Ash's battles her and wins....Don't know how a Graveler could sustain a Water Gun from a Starmie and an Electric Type beat a pure ground type but hey, thats the anime for ya lol

Vernikova

Banned
    Years

EP009: "School of Hard Knocks". You can't really use that as an example since the glaring problems that having levels would have at this point.

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    Piplup is just a pathetic little cocky penguin who choose to stay weak as just a Piplup. Take a look at Ash's powerhouses, none of them are pre-evolved. Except for Pikachu. Stronger Pokemon are always the evolved ones. Like Mamoswine, Charizard and Sceptile, all of them are evolved and won Ash quite a lot of symbols and badges. As for Piplup, it gets KO'D so easily.

and Tornado2552, Chimchar had already evolved to a Monferno, for your information....

Last edited:
    Back