• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Why do so many get this wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    I have been looking around and have seen that there are a lot of people who don't seem to know the name of this games region, i see many people spell it "Jhoto" instead of "Johto", I'm really just trying to understand how so many people can get the name wrong and yet many of these same people say it is the best/ there favorite region.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Good observation, that's pretty sad though if they don't know how to spell it. But, you never know if they just made a little typo..

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    ahh...wwhyy deos teh speling matera
    I'm just saying, it does not really matter sometimes...

Spelling always matters, if you can't spell then... well i feel sorry for you, plus you never see it happening with any of the other regions, only Johto, which as i said before is classed as the best region by many of the people who can't spell it.

Oblivion Reaper 2.0

Not Dead Yet
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Hell
    • Seen Jun 15, 2011
    Spelling always matters, if you can't spell then... well i feel sorry for you, plus you never see it happening with any of the other regions, only Johto, which as i said before is classed as the best region by many of the people who can't spell it.
    No...I spell stuff wrong all time and look at me...
    any ways, I like Johto and I just spelt right...

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    No...I spell stuff wrong all time and look at me...
    any ways, I like Johto and I just spelt right...

Well i still feel sorry for you, if you can't put a few letter in the right order you shouldn't be on a forum, but at least you can spell Johto, which is what where here to discuss not other words, so stay on topic if your going to stay here.

Oblivion Reaper 2.0

Not Dead Yet
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Hell
    • Seen Jun 15, 2011
    why should I not be on this fourm???
    why should you be on this forum???
    why are all of us on this forum???,
    Your question does not make sense,young grasshopper

Years
    I personally think it's just a typo. Some people rush when making a reply because their parents want them to get off the computer so they can eat or go to sleep. Some people try to post quickly before others do. It doesn't matter. Some people type way too fast and forget to correct their mistakes. Plus if you're tired, you tend to make mistakes.

Last edited:

Oblivion Reaper 2.0

Not Dead Yet
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Hell
    • Seen Jun 15, 2011
    gesse,some times it does mattter, and other times it doesn't
    if were spelling something like an importan term like Johto, then maybe it does...

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 11, 2023
    I have been looking around and have seen that there are a lot of people who don't seem to know the name of this games region, i see many people spell it "Jhoto" instead of "Johto", I'm really just trying to understand how so many people can get the name wrong and yet many of these same people say it is the best/ there favorite region.

Try spelling things right yourself before you comment on others'. :D

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    I have been looking around and have seen that there are a lot of people who don't seem to know the name of this game's region, I see many people spell it "Jhoto" instead of "Johto", I'm really just trying to understand how so many people can get the name wrong and yet many of these same people say it is the best/ their favorite region.

I fixed up your spelling mistakes, on your first post for this thread.

Oh look! You were unable to spell some of the easiest words in the English vocabulary, now do you want us to kick you off the forum?

Last edited:

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
    I use to spell Johto as Jhoto at one point. I don't think it is a typo. I just think that is how some people think it is spelled. Back then when I spelled Johto that way I really did thought it was spelled Jhoto. I would swear by that to believe it was spelled like that. Then somebody told me Jotho isn't spelled that way. Some may do it as a typo but I think some people actually think that way.

Also, most people only pay attention to the first and last letter of a word so that may explain why some people think that spelling Johto as Jhoto is correct.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2023
    Ever seen this?
    I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, t he olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rgh it pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    Ever seen this?
    I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, t he olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rgh it pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

Actually that only applies to 55% of the people.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    sounds like it might be saying "Ji-ho-to" lol
    ive seen people spell it "Jotoh" as well, i was like WTF lol

Actually that only applies to 55% of the people.
    also, you should change your sig to say ''Hip-Hop" instead of "rap", since they are technically two different Genres. Rap is technically dead in the US

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back