• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why do the scripts i write change when i compile them in-game and why they can't be edited anymore?

Years
  • I'm having this issue frequently and i wanna know if there's something wrong with the tools i'm using

I may write the most perfect script with XSE, but when i put it into the game and re-open the now compiled script, it always changes something or completely messes up the script, it may add movements, delete text messages or alter the code itself, sometimes the script even compiles itself with an error, for example, it changes an offset with another one that doesn't work and when i try to recompile it it gives me an error, but why does the tool compile then if there's an error?

No matter what i do to change the issue, no matter if i change the offsets, the script once compiled doesn't change anymore, i can try everything but i only risk to mess up the rom

My version of advance map is 1.0.9. and XSE version is 1.1.1. if anyone knows a way to fix this i'll be grateful forever, cause the hardest part of scripting is to deal with this problem.

Back