• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Why Does my Computer Freeze When I go to Pokecommunity?

Shizzable

The Derpiest One Of All
Years
  • When I come to Pokecommunity, usually just for the first time when I've turned on my computer, my computer freezes for between 30 seconds and a minute. This doesn't happen for any other website that I know of, and it's not like visiting Pokecommunity is the first thing I do when I boot up my computer. Does anyone know why this is happening or some sort of solution?

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • First of all, tell me how long it takes for your computer to boot up AND log in AND for ALL PROGRAMS that start up on boot to start.

Second, tell me exactly how many programs you've got starting up on boot up. Typically many programs that have a significant impact will leave an icon in the tray, so you can count how many icons are loaded up in the system tray (Next to the clock in the lower right hand corner) when the system finishes booting as I described above.

Third, please describe or list ALL the addons you have installed on your browser. Please be sure to check the appropriate page for your browser. (For Firefox, this would be 'about:support' and/or 'about:addons' typed into the address bar). Make sure to disable as many of them as you can, if not all of them.

Fourth, please clear your browser's cache and cookies. Close the browser, and reopen it.

Finally if none of the above works, then reboot your computer and see if that works.

If all else fails, post in the Technology & Internet section if the mods close this thread.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Fourth, please clear your browser's cache and cookies. Close the browser, and reopen it.

If all else fails, post in the Technology & Internet section if the mods close this thread.

These are the most useful bits, really, reading the information. Pokécommunity can have some server lag, especially at peak times. It might just be that you normally come online at one of these busy points and have a delay :).

I sometimes find pokécommunity taking that time when I log on from my phone, however my computer manages it in 5-10 seconds (slightly longer than a normal site).

Basically, this is pretty normal. It may just be the age/power of the computer you are using coupled with our website. It's not really a fixable problem, but try to tweaks Melody mentioned above to see if you can improve it slightly.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • you should NOT be experiencing any delay or lag when loading PC.. Granted it is a rather large homepage as far as file/download size and can vary depending on what theme you are using as well. Try switching themes, try the default vB one as well.

PC uses a cdn ( yes the infamous CloudFlare that many of you have seen before ) to cache images, javascript and other static parts of the site. If you are not allowing caching on your computer, as some images and stuff is stored there as well, you are basically forcing your comp to download them each time slowing up your connection and the page load speed. You may also be on the edge for processing / RAM usage on your computer. Some javascript and stuff is run by your machine and it could be waiting for that to process.

There are also time when CF has issues (attacks, bad equipment, etc) and will route people to a further end-point then normal adding to some page load time (rare, usually doesn't add much time)

Also as noted, it could be on your end.. clear cache (force a fresh reload of the cdn content) and cookies, log out, then back in, close and reopen your browser, use a different browser - find what works best for you.

if all else fails, let the admins know of your problem by send us a tracrt (google it to learn how to trace route a connection) to www.pokecommunity.com via PM.

Back