• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Why doesn't anyone use Butterfree in Leaf Green or Fire Red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
Years
  • I always think back to how fast I owned those bug catchers at the begining of the game, that and bugs go SQUISH in real life. I need to be a little more open minded and play with them a bit I guess.

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2020
    They're annoyingly slow to train in comparison to other Pokémon in the early stages of the game. Their movepool in the end just doesn't make up for the time it takes to train them. (Which doesn't mean that I never use a Butterfree or a Beedrill, they can be useful from time to time)

Jak

daяk εco frεak
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 23, 2014
    What do you mean by "shiny"?

her butterfree looked like this:

Why doesn't anyone use Butterfree in Leaf Green or Fire Red?

when someone refers to a shiny, it's a pokemon that is a different color scheme from how it normally looks.

Years
  • I do, and I plan to get it to 100. It's not a fovortie though; I don't like it's moves. But If I can improve them enough through TMs/HMs/Tutors, then I'll use it even more. But as of now, it's in Rank 2(/2).

fatmanjumprope

黒雷 神 エネル
    Years
  • I always use Butterfree in my early game. Once or twice I've even taker her to the Pokemon league. It really just depends who I feel I need in my party. No matter what I always grab a Caterpie as my 2nd or 3rd pokemon for the low evolution level and decent attack pool. She really does help on a few of the first gyms.

Raichupacabra

Villain
    Years
  • My theory is that people in RGBY used Butterfree due to it being able to take on Brock if you picked Charmander. But in FRLG, Charmander trainers could use Mankey or wait until Charmander learns Metal Claw.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2013
    Butterfree is amazing! learns Psychic attacks,Grass attacks, Bug Attacks, Flying attacks, and so much more!
    -Plus it has the most accurate sleeping attack!
    Sleep powder + compound eyes = 99.67% accuracy

WasSollDas

Fighting / Psychic ROOLZ!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2016
    I did once use a butterfree, and I kept using it until I abandoned my visualboyadvance.
    I also used a beedrill on my PKMN crystal, and it was actually quite useful.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back