• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Why doesn't Heracross come out?

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2009
    I really want to raise a strong Heracross, and I headbutt the trees east off Ecruteak constantly and one never seems to come out. Is there something wrong that I don't know about? Once I get one is this a good moveset?

Heracross @leftovers
    ~Endure
    ~Reversal
    ~Megahorn
    ~Earthquake

Try and find some trees on the route to the south of Blackthorn, or maybe near Mahogany town. Heracross only appear in "Mountain area" trees, but they are still a bit on the rare side, so good luck I guess.

The moveset looks pretty good to me, though I'm definatly not an expert. I've never been a fan of endure, but it does have its uses I guess.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • I found heaps of rare pokemon in a tree near ice path
    there will be a cooltrainer standing on the bottom path, stand behind him then walk up and headbutt that tree it always had rare pokemon for me (heracross, aipom, etc)
    I got a shiny spearow off it but thats luck

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2009
    I caught ONE! Finally! It's a female Heracross, now I'm raising it thanks alot guys

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2009
    The trees on route 29 I believe, it's the route between New Bark Town and Cherrygrove City. I was ecstatic as I really like Heracross, now I just have to get her at Lv.35-40ish area

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2009
    Oh she's on level 29 right now so I am still working at getting her at lv. 40, anyway does it matter if my Heracross is a female? My friends stated that male pokemon are generally stronger so should I find a male one?

Maria Santos

*wink* enjoy your death! ^_^
    Years
  • your friend is incorrect. Gender doesnt affect the way a pokemon grows (statwise anyways).

keep working at it with your female Heracross. I havent got down ev training in gold and silver but it does help its stats by killing alot of hoothoots and noctowls.

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2009
    I suggest using Take Down instead of Endure, it both helps you get down to those reversal standards, and it will allow you to attack thing that fly, etc...

It's too late for me to teach her Take Down because I already neglected it when it was going to learn, *sigh* too bad I didn't get on the pc until now

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Heracross is a very difficult Pokemon to get. I had to spent weeks to get one.

However, I like the Rest-Talk set. It's bulky, and if you have a Heal Beller, simply take off Sleep Talk for more versatility:

Heracross @ Leftovers
    Rest
    Sleep Talk/Rock Smash/Toxic/Curse
    EQ
    Megahorn

Curse is nasty. After a Curse, no flying attack will KO you, and you can rest off damage. You basically become invincible to physical attacks and gain a mean attack stat.

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2009
    So ditch Endure & Reversal? I thought it was a nice combo. The only heal bellers in GSC are Chansey, Blissey, and Miltank and I was never partial to any of them but I may use Miltank and raise her well. So Heracross should look like this?

Heracross @Leftovers
    ~Rest
    ~Curse
    ~Megahorn
    ~Earthquake

What about Miltank?

Miltank (item)
    ~Body Slam
    ~Milk Drink
    ~Heal Bell
    ~???

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    So ditch Endure & Reversal? I thought it was a nice combo. The only heal bellers in GSC are Chansey, Blissey, and Miltank and I was never partial to any of them but I may use Miltank and raise her well. So Heracross should look like this?

Heracross @Leftovers
    ~Rest
    ~Curse
    ~Megahorn
    ~Earthquake

What about Miltank?

Miltank (item)
    ~Body Slam
    ~Milk Drink
    ~Heal Bell
    ~???

No, Endure + Reversal is awesome, but it kind of makes Heracross a hit and run type Pokemon. It's good, but I think the Rest+Curse set is generally superior.

I like the set you posted, go with that since Curse on Heracross is awesome.

Miltank takes hits like a pro. I would suggest Earthquake for awesome coverage that hits everything in the game. It can also work since Miltank has a very respectable 258 Attack stat, which may not sound so incredibly, but coming off a tank, it is. Fire Punch is another great option to hit Skarmory, though you won't really hit it too hard.

Back