• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why doesnt Nintendo sell Pokemon Roms online?

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2012
    Why doesn't Nintendo sell Pokemon games online?
    Like to be honest if they sold the games online for download they would make so much more money. If they sold every old pokemon rom for like $1 each i imagine that everybody would buy the roms. Like maybe set something up with apple and sell it through itunes. Because at the moment i dont think there are any big stores that still sell Pokemon R/B/Y or G/S/C there may be some that sell the 3rd gen of pokemon still, but not many. like even if they re-coded it so that you had to play it on a emulator that they made. Id buy the emulator as well.
    So lets just say the emulator would be around $10.
    And each Gameboy Advance or lower game was sold for even $2 - $5 per game.
    Thats 11 pokemon games that i would download. 11x2 = $22 + $10 = $32 - $65 (possible per person)
    I would say that is a fare rate to have the pokemon games.

I know that there are a lot of piracy sites but i mean come on if they gave people any other method im sure that people would take it.

Lets take Minecraft for example i think its 20 euro for the game. that is a awesome and fare price for the game to be honest with the demand on minecraft at the moment they could probably raise the price but they dont and thats smart. Because if they did raise the price sure therre would still be people that buy it but i dont think that there would be as much people.

Long story short selling gameboy games at a itunes app price would be awesome and it would be profitable for Nintendo as well.

OK Guys and Girls
    Just had to vent this out.
    If you know why Nintendo isn't doing this please reply.
    Because honestly i dont see why they wouldn't.

CrashSG32

PI...KA...CHUUUUUUU!!!!!! !!!!
    Years
  • *facepalm*

So you are asking why Nintendo don't sell roms of classic Pokemon games online or through iTunes for $2?

Doesn't common sense solve that for you?

Put it this way:

Sell rom for $1 through iTunes and play in a emulator...lots of pirating, and little money made.

OR

Sell games for $50 as a cartridge and play them on the original console... little pirating and lots of money made.

Think of it this way:
    -10000 x $50
    -10000 x $1

Last edited:

fuz

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2012
    Game publishers hate when you buy used games. There is no profit in them.

They would rather you buy a new game for 50 dollars rather than one for $15.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    *facepalm*

So you are asking why Nintendo don't sell roms of classic Pokemon games online or through iTunes for $2?

Doesn't common sense solve that for you?

Put it this way:

Sell rom for $1 through iTunes and play in a emulator...lots of pirating, and little money made.

OR

Sell games for $50 as a cartridge and play them on the original console... little pirating and lots of money made.

Think of it this way:
    -10000 x $50
    -10000 x $1

They're not making the old games anymore so they don't get money from them anymore.

What they should do is have them on the 3DS Eshop, that's far more likely than them going out over iTunes. I would assume each would be 10-15 bucks though.

Either way going to put this in Pokemon Gaming Central since it's about selling the games virtually.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2013
    I can only see them making Gen 1 and 2 available for download, but it would be through eShop on the 3DS like the AR Searcher. But that's only because they aren't compatible with the current generations anyway.

However, since they remade FR/LG and HG/SS to be compatible with all current games, there probably isn't a need to.

Asuf

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    I would rather have Nintendo sell those games on the Eshop, but seeing as none of them has made it on their lists yet, I doubt it will ever happen...

Back