• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why everybody rarely make a hack base on Emerald ?

cspmoneymaker

I always wonder why almost all of you guy's hack always base on Fire Red and Ruby ? Why not Emerald ? I'm pretty boring with Fire Red hack ! Ruby is just normal.My dream is a great hack base on Emerald which we can catch all legendary pokemons like in Ruby Destiny-Reign of Legend ! But I think it'll forever be a dream coz no one seems to be interested in hacking Emerald.Hope that after read this thread some of you guys will make some Emerald hack as my dream.Really thanks for reading !!!

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    to answer your question, People rarly make emerald hacks because they are more unstable than ruby or firered. This unstable-ness is caused by the fact that the tools that people make glitch-up more on emerald. also there are some emerald hacks. to name just a few look at pokemon crystal shards, and pokemon simulacra.

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    People rarly make emerald hacks because they are more unstable than ruby or firered. .

Emerald isn't unstable, some tools do not work well on Emerald, due to the offsets not being exact, which causes bugs. People are unwilling to hack Emerald because of the higher possibility of bugs by the tools.

(Liquid Crystal isn't an Emerald hack sab...)

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
    the reasons are less tool compatiablity less tutorials and the pokemon sprites are animated making it harder to insert dp pokemon

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
    While Emerald has its advatages and its drawbacks, it's nothing more than a bit bloated Ruby or Sapphire.
    (I think it has less free space, I dunno, maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. More events, less free space? o.o)

Plus, less program compatibility due to the different offsets.

Hey guys, people don't hack Emerald because there's not that many tutorials, you got that backwards.
    There's not many tutorials because not many people hack Emerald.

Skully367

Bored...REEEEALLY bored.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2012
    Because, when you can hack one game in the series, why go through all the trouble of finding all the offsets and updating all the tools?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    Because, when you can hack one game in the series, why go through all the trouble of finding all the offsets and updating all the tools?

I can answer this one too.

Emerald has more unique features than Firered, and isn't a clone of the others as much. Why people didn't, is pure LAZINESS. I would, but:

A. Laziness
    B. I haven't got enough time.

I will probably make a ROM Base for Emerald soon, similar to my Ruby one. Firered won't though. Too many patches for that already to me.

Kyouya

"baddest of the bad"
    Years
    I have no idea why people dont hack it. i can prove every reason why they don't wrong in this post

unstable
    if you think this you may be unstable

pokemon insertion
    128 height 64 width
    first frame top second bottom
    then its just like all others

tools
    theres someway to do everything without a tool and a guarantee you i can find alot that work with emerald

offsets
    FIND THEM

laziness
    then how are you rom hacking period?

thats all the reasons ive seen people
    anymore and most likely i can prove them wrong

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    I have no idea why people dont hack it. i can prove every reason why they don't wrong in this post

unstable
    if you think this you may be unstable

pokemon insertion
    128 height 64 width
    first frame top second bottom
    then its just like all others

tools
    theres someway to do everything without a tool and a guarantee you i can find alot that work with emerald

offsets
    FIND THEM

laziness
    then how are you rom hacking period?

thats all the reasons ive seen people
    anymore and most likely i can prove them wrong

And I can prove yours wrong too.

1. Tools don't work on it as well as other ROM's. The tools cause bugs, simple.
    2. ... OK, this one is true, but it is way harder than Ruby (remember, laziness!)
    3. Again LAZINESS! Hackers expect the tools to already be usable.
    4. People are ROM Hacking for fun. They can be lazy as well, you know. That is why people canot be bothered to hack Sapphire, Leafgreen or Emerald - They cannot be bothered to find all the offsets themselves, and fix the tools bugs. A true hacker to me isn't someone who makes a hack, but knows what each seperate thing does, and as less people don't nowadays, it is laziness.

Don't expect me to help, but I may make a ROM Base for Emerald.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    Why everybody always keep asking such questions? Wasn't the search function enough? I mean, it has been answered a lot of times now, with bad and good answers, but you get the point.
    As always, the very reasons are:
    1. Laziness.
    2. People being scared of Emerald.

NatureKeeper

Why everybody always keep asking such questions? Wasn't the search function enough? I mean, it has been answered a lot of times now, with bad and good answers, but you get the point.
    As always, the very reasons are:
    1. Laziness.
    2. People being scared of Emerald.

Actually it's not all.

Emerald was a real advance with its usage of media, and it's hard to edit the vedios of cutscenes except for the sprites. Also, emerald has a lot of scripts.

It's just Laziness to do some extra-hard work. I could've hacked emerald If I wanted. But you see, I'm more comfortable with Ruby. I do not hack FireRed either. Emerald just needs some one who can edit GUI and Hex to be edited to max. See? Everybody doesn't hack emerald because of laziness.

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
    Years
    Emerald's got plenty of interesting features, but its got too many preset things that, if changed, won't even let the own game work properly. The fact that it makes a lot of difference to use a female and male characters makes it hard to leave all of the scripts edited.

I'm actually trying to make a hack out of Emerald, but I think I've faced so many problems in just moving things (the own sprite positions make all the danged difference <.<) that I don't know how far I'll manage to change it. There are just far too many scripts to even know which one should be edited first so the other one isn't damaged.

And yeah, because its graphics aren't really the best. :p

cspmoneymaker

But laziness is just not reasonable,anyway if it's already a NO.But I believe one day an advanced hacker who is not lazy at all will do it,whatsoever !!!

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    The same ? Did everyone just say it's so much different and harder than Ruby or Fire Red ?

I for one didn't, I said some tools (not A-Map) don't work on it as well as the others, and can cause some problems, and there may be some errors with Block Editor (not too sure about that one... Actually, this is a lie). I gave a reason why tools don't - the offsets and laziness. (and laziness is a reason! It seperates a very good hacker from a bad one! People are lazy. Live with it!)

cspmoneymaker

Ok,if you make it that way,whatsoever.Just continue play with Ruby and Fire Red.Anyway Ruby is much better than Fire Red coz every hack base on Fire Red work too damn slow,and opposite for Ruby,that's why Ruby is great.When play a Ruby hack,I just walk but the speed already the same as running shoes in Fire Red !

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    But I believe one day an advanced hacker who is not lazy at all will do it,whatsoever !!!

If he/she was lazy, he/she probably wouldn't bother being too advanced. Besides, you don't need to be advanced to hack Emerald.

Anyway Ruby is much better than Fire Red coz every hack base on Fire Red work too damn slow,and opposite for Ruby,that's why Ruby is great.When play a Ruby hack,I just walk but the speed already the same as running shoes in Fire Red !

Let's not forget when emulating a ROM through VBA you can speed it up. Hence your point is flawed. Seriously, that's not a reason at all.

EDIT: Oh, and I've got another reason why people rarely make a hack based on Emerald: they're too busy asking the reasons.
    Want more Emerald-based hacks? Then go make some.

Last edited:
    Back