• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why I Hate The Ultra Beasts

Years
    I think the Ultra Beasts are sort of analogues to the numerous glitch Pokemon that appeared in Gen I. They share odd typings, wonky stats, weird movepools, and while they obviously don't look like glitchy blobs they still look extremely alien compared to regular Pokemon. They even have odd, impossible abilities, much like Missingno...

Oh? 0.0 I hadn't thought of UBs like that.
    I was gonna say how unbroadened and lonely the UBs are, with their lack-of-influence to the plot and no exact desire to catch one. I was also about to say that as the gentleman I am I don't battle with THAT kind of pokemon, at least not until the next generation is up. (Seems weird using Solgaleo if I'm just having a quick 1-on-1 with my brother.)

But with this thought in mind, I'm kinda hoping these pokes get a better look soon. 7 is an awfully quiet crowd. ^~^

Years
    I think the Ultra Beasts are sort of analogues to the numerous glitch Pokemon that appeared in Gen I. They share odd typings, wonky stats, weird movepools, and while they obviously don't look like glitchy blobs they still look extremely alien compared to regular Pokemon. They even have odd, impossible abilities, much like Missingno. with its item duplication and Charizard 'M with it's Pokemon fusion. It doesn't really bother me that much that you can catch them considering what else you can catch (creatures right out of Jewish mythology, the personifications of life and death, abominations controlling time and space, the Pokemon equivalent of Azathoth.) Heck if anything they're even harder to catch due to needing a special Pokeball just for them, while the Gen I glitches could be caught with just a regular Pokeball.

You got me thinking what if Game Freak plots the twist a lot and tells us that Missingno. and other Glitch Pokémon were actually planned to be revealed as UBs in the future. I know it won't be that way, but I still can dream.

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2017
    Just encountered my first ultra beast and I wasn't impressed not sure I like we're the story is going with these monsters from another dimension

Back