• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Why Legitimate Pokémon Cannot Import

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    So I've been thinking about this subject, as I have a perfect Japanese Ditto sitting in my Daycare (both in Black and in White 2) that could not be imported to Kalos. And I think I just realized why that is.

The EVs are maxed out to 255, or at least to 254 or 253, in any one stat.

Since Nintendo now caps the EVs at 252 per stat, the Bank server is looking at the Pokémon and saying, hey, you have more IVs than we recognize, so your Pokémon is therefore illegitimate. What I would suggest, particularly if you have the EV reducing Berries from the Berry Lady on Route 5 in Black 2 or White 2, is to feed any illegitimate transfer one of each EV berry and see if that gets them into Kalos. If it does, then that would be the solution for importing.

Someone please try this with something you want to import and see if that solves the problem!

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    Bursting your theory here, a lot of my White 2 partners were 255'd in one stat when I wasn't really paying attention to my EV training much.

When transferred, the extra 3 EVs get knocked off and can be put into another stat through battling.

And that perfect Japanese Ditto could easily be hacked. Unless you yourself obtain the Pokemon, I'm not sure there's anyway to prove if it's not hacked.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Bursting your theory here, a lot of my White 2 partners were 255'd in one stat when I wasn't really paying attention to my EV training much.

When transferred, the extra 3 EVs get knocked off and can be put into another stat through battling.

And that perfect Japanese Ditto could easily be hacked. Unless you yourself obtain the Pokemon, I'm not sure there's anyway to prove if it's not hacked.
    Well, you can't blame me for guessing. LOL

It was worth debunking anyway.

stell

a proiectura
    Years
  • what I found curious was that you posted a proposed solution and then didn't actually test out that solution for yourself. you had this whole story going and no conclusion!

EthanAG

It would seems like EV reducing berries might work, I dont have a 3DS and games to test it out on. But hey if you get it to the right amound the PokeBank might say, "Hey this is legal" Let it in. So maybe it would work

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    what I found curious was that you posted a proposed solution and then didn't actually test out that solution for yourself. you had this whole story going and no conclusion!
    Let me point out that I don't have an unlimited quantity of EV reducing berries in my game. So you are correct in that I did not test it out myself, as I note that I'm guessing. I do remember saying, and I quote, "Someone please try this with something you want to import and see if that solves the problem!" to imply that I had not tested this theory.

Canen

Sometimes, I like to party.
    Years
  • I can't wait to see what Pokebank makes of my Generation IV Arceus.

The pokemon itself is perfectly legit, but I hacked the Azure Flute to get it (let's face it, who didn't back then?). I am assuming that it will recognise the Arceus as legit (as it should do, because it technically is) and if it doesn't then me and Nintendo are going to have a few crossed words.

Back