• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why People Jailbreak Their iPod Touch/iPhones?

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    This is what I don't understand. What is so special that people need to jailbreak their iPod Touch or iPhone? I don't see it as a good thing. For one, it voids your warranty and it could brick your iPod/iPhone if you are not careful. There is no way I am jailbreaking my iPod Touch(Which I recently brought two weeks ago). I am not tech savvy. And if I try to do it...my iPod Touch is bricked. I am not taking any chances. I did hear that you get a lot more applications for free and music for free. Which I really don't understand why. iTunes is affordable. And there are a lot of free applications they can get from the iTunes store. The applications that you get from a Jailbroken iPod isn't as good as the ones you get from iTunes.

So that is my little rant. Jailbreaking should not happen. Just enjoy your iPod Touches and iPhones safely with no hacks. It will be less bricking and less headaches that way. I seen so many YouTube videos about this subject and it kinda makes me worried.

Kisharu

Professional Thief
    Years
  • See, if you know what you're doing, they're usually idiot-proof to do. I do them for a living at my school with no problems for anyone. Of course, this new firmware that is out is causing issues because it's a tethered jailbreak - meaning if you turn it off, you need to plug it back into the computer to turn it back on. But any firmware before that is fine. And I know what you might be thinking about the free apps, but you can get current paid apps for free plus you can get emulators. I had a DS emulator on my old iTouch. :]

Zet

Years
  • People jailbreak their iTouch/Phone because they don't want to use rental hardware and not have to pay for simple apps that someone could make for free.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    @Kisharu: Yeah I been hearing about tethered jailbreak( A lot of people probably don't like it like that). I guess it depends by everyone who is curious of what other programs they can get by jailbreaking it. I know I won't do it. I am not smart like you and everyone. Mine will be bricked for sure.

@Zet: Yeah they want to be cheap and take the easy way out. No way I am doing that. I am going to get everything legal.

@Lady Gaga: So you do agree. :)

Back