• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why Pokemon is NOT Evil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuchan

Cute and full of royalty
    Years
    Theres been a few times when certain Anime has been called evil.But sadly thats how some think. Dont listen to what haters say and let yourself just keep enjoying it.

Years
    • US
    • Seen Mar 18, 2009
    No offense to any religious person out there, but just about any sacred scripture you pick up will have WAY more violence than many things on TV. Just read through the Old Testament and you'll find stories of kids getting ripped to shreds by bears and young girls being raped to death by a mob of people.

Some people hate Pokemon and call it evil because it prevents them from controlling every single aspect of your life. Seriously, if you start thinking for yourself you may break out from under their yoke!

Why else would they call something as innocent as Pokemon evil?

BeatTheSpecialStage

is gay for Ritchie
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2009
    Most people call it evil because it supports the theory of evolution; one of the biggest enemies of Christianity.

Ruphire

Feel the icy burn
    Years
    I have a friend who says he would like to play Pokemon but he can't because his parents says they're "Creatures with powers" I think the whole "Pokemon is evil" thing to be blown WAY out of proportions. It really annoys me how some people could think that a cute little Pichu or Togepi could be evil. *Shakes head*

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    Pokémon is evil, they made me buy stuff that could've been better used for an iPod.

Why can't everyone just get along and have a group hug?

JezzaRules

Charmander Lover
    Years
    "Once, there was a little boy who LOVED Pokemon. he had all the wallpapers, all the trading cards, the games, the stuffed Pokemon, the action figures, and even an Ash hat. He'd wear it to school everyday thinking he was all cool. But then one night, as he was trying to go to sleep, he thought that his giant stuffed Pikachu, which he kept in the corner of the room, was making faces!! The kid walked over to it, and Pikachu WAS making faces! Its expression changed from happy to sad to angry to its regular expression again. At first the boy didn't tell his mother, because he thought it would be cool to have a real live Pokemon! But then the Pikachu got up and started walking, and the kid could see the shadows of 'evil angels' moving across his wall. The kid decided to tell his parents, who supposedly 'witnessed' everything and decided that Pokemon was evil.
    That night, Jesus came to the boy in a dream, giving him a vision of a fire. He told the little boy that he had to BURN all of his Pokemon items. Until this was done, the evil would stay, and get worse.
    The next morning, the boy told his mother of the dream, and she agreed that all of his Pokemon stuff should be burned. So the kid burned all of his Pokemon stuff and the evil left his room, never to return.

....................................................................................

This story is by far one of the most stupidest, ridiculous, retarded, laughable crap I have ever read.
    Honestly if evil came into my room, I'd either dismiss it, ignore it, or maybe embrace it if I must. To make it short, I don't believe in supernatural things, therefore evil means nothing to me.

Seriously people do need to get a grip, WHO CARES if pokemon is against religion. WHO CARES if pokemon evolution is considered against christianity? I mean a caterpillar 'evolves' into a butterfly, why aren't those cute little worms considered a sin? I've read probably a hundred of the bullcrap about pokemon are satans pets or whatever, and all of them happen to be unreasonable, outrageously stupid excuses to lure children away from them. Honestly I dont give a crap about this stuff. Pokemon are what they're supposed to be... CUTE PLUSHY LIKE ANIMALS!!! =3.

If you strongly agree with me, raise your voice and yell after me:

"POKEMON IS NOT EVIL!"

Last edited:

dumbpikAchu

suckingCharmanderIntoMybu tt
    Years
    Wow.
    Who would believe that.
    Seriously, what the hell?
    The 'people' who made that up probably wanted to scare some children or something...
    And about Jesus...
    SERIOUSLY.
    (Don't be hatin' me Christians, cause I said that.)
    POKEMON IS NOT EVIL!
    Don't worry, I'm a Christian and I don't mind. ok.. LOL FIRST POST EQUALS MEGA LOL!!! Pikachus making faces.. LOL!

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
    It's rediculous how naive some people are. I have a bad feeling, though, it's just going to get worse once Arceus is revealed outside of Japan. I can already see it:

"Pokemon is trying to tell our kids that God is a giant goat!"

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    It's rediculous how naive some people are. I have a bad feeling, though, it's just going to get worse once Arceus is revealed outside of Japan. I can already see it:

"Pokemon is trying to tell our kids that God is a giant goat!"

Oh dear god... *groan*

Prepare the Bomb Shelter...

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    Okay.. Let me just get over the laughter.
    Pokémon?
    Evil?
    If Pokémon is evil, then Dora the Explorer is satan himself.

If pokémon was evil, I'd have turned into a kid who sits all day in his bedroom,
    and in his closet is a secret lab where he plots world domination.

Pokémon is definitely not evil.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    First off, I'd like to say I'm a Christian Pokemon Fan, though I have alternate views on things such as homosexuality, who had a friend go through this. He used to believe it, but he had come to find it ludicris after a while and he bought Ruby, later Diamond. He finds it insulting that people say such things, as do I, that there is absolutely no proof of.

Pokemon isn't evil, its Japanese. Most of the people who say that it is satanic don't do too much research into it, such as the people who said that Pokemon was short for Pocket Demons, not Pocket Monsters. Some people said that the lightning bolt shapes on Ash's cheeks were Satanic Symbols, where as its really just a typical Japanese lightning bolt symbol, which is used on High Voltage Signs. The evolution used in Pokemon isn't even the same kind as what is used in Darwin's Theory, otherwise the pokemon that hatched from the egg would be same as its parents, always. For example, in Pokemon, a male and female Charizard will have an egg that hatches as a Charmander, it was according to Darwin's Theory, two Charizard would have a Charizard, as Humans have Human children, not Monkey children. Pokemon Evolution is much more similar to a Caterpillar's metomorphesis into a Butterfly. They start as a caterpillar, go into a cocoon, and become a butterfly. The butterfly's eggs will become caterpillars, not butterflies. Thus it is a pattern that goes Base Form (Charmander), transitional form (Charmeleon), and final form (Charizard). People will always find a way for something to be evil, be it Super Mario (who's eyes are said to hypnotise people or makes kids gay), Sonic the Hedgehog (who's said to support the evolutionary theory due to being a humanoid hedgehog), Japan (which is apparently full of nothing but Satanists), or even a little kid's show like Teletubbies (which apparently makes little kids, who know nothing of love or sex, to become gay).

Years
    Okay.. Let me just get over the laughter.
    Pokémon?
    Evil?
    If Pokémon is evil, then Dora the Explorer is satan himself.

If pokémon was evil, I'd have turned into a kid who sits all day in his bedroom,
    and in his closet is a secret lab where he plots world domination.

Pokémon is definitely not evil.

You're contradicting yourself.

Anyway, the term evil is being thrown around a lot here. I just want to know, who truly believes in the concept of evil?

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    You're contradicting yourself.

Anyway, the term evil is being thrown around a lot here. I just want to know, who truly believes in the concept of evil?

Sorry.
    I forgot to wrap [Sarcasm][/Sarcasm] around my text.
    I'll remember next time.

joey2joey

I like turtles.
    Years
    Ugh, I can never understand it. Just because it uses the word evolution. Lets face it, evolution is as sound as Newton's theory of gravity.

And if they claim pokemon is evil, then lets take a look at their religion: the crusades, the Jonestown massacre, the original holocaust.

I'm not trying to insult religion, I'm just saying it's rather hypocritical to say pokemon is evil.

I remember when Ben Stein said religion leads you to a glorious place, while science leads you to killing people. If we look back in history, it seems the opposite is correct.

I'm not saying religion is a bad thing, many people find comfort in their religion, but we need to keep the boundary between church and state, and not let evangelicals keep abusing their kids like in the movie "Jesus Camp", and trying to bring us back into the dark ages.

ISa56

-Soul Silver? HECK YES!
    Years
    ....I have little to say about this....
    Well you do have a point with certain people thinking Pokemon is evil. I'm Christian myself for crying out loud. Why DO people think Pokemon is evil?? Personally... I think it's because so many people cheat in the metagame. They hack a level 100 Arceus with 999 of everything onto their game and why? Because they are too lazy to raise them themselves. I know at least 2 trainers who use Action Replay DS and they are indeed reaping the pain of using it on their games. Luckily, I'm not one of them. Although I did have a Action Replay at one time, I released the Arceus that I had. Why? I realized something. IT WASN'T FAIR. That's why I'm selling my Action Replay to get Platinum. A level 100 Magikarp with Blast Burn? A level 50 Dexoys with Judgement? Where's the strategy in that? If you win every battle, then where's the fun? If there are any cheaters listening to this, then please. Stop cheating on your games and stop using your unreal Pokemon in battle. They aren't fair.

JezzaRules

Charmander Lover
    Years
    btw, has anyone posting in this thread read the Pokemon 'review' from Shelley the Republican?

For those who don't know, Shelley is basically the ultimate fascist/zealot/madman or the internets best troll.

Here's the link, if you care

Yea, I read it, and also protested angrily about it (my comment is at the bottom under the name 'Jezza')
    And there's more to that:
    https://shelleytherepublican.com/2009/01/26/jesus-vs-pokemon-the-final-smackdown.aspx

https://shelleytherepublican.com/2009/01/27/jesus-vs-pokemon-part-2-the-pokemon-casualties.aspx

Yet again, I could'nt help myself to complain and ultimately raged at them.
    If it's a war they want, I'll give them war >=O.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back